British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   UK TV Programs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/uk-tv-programs-769630/)

HoosierDaddy Feb 7th 2019 3:24 pm

Re: UK TV Programs

The wife and I seem to be on a Channel 4 / More4 kick at the moment:

- Come Dine With Me
- Four In A Bed
- Naked Attraction
- First Dates
- Flirty Dancing
- The Undateables

Leslie Feb 7th 2019 5:35 pm

I started Fortitude last night and binged through 3 episodes. :scaredhair: I'm not sure if it is technically a UK series but it has a nice international mix of actors. Richard Dormer is freaking amazing and probably certifiably insane.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498622/fullcredits

Guindalf Feb 8th 2019 5:41 am

We are hooked on QI (both old and new episodes on Britbox) as well as 8 Out Of 10 Cats Do Countdown and Mock The Week.

Amazingly, my USC wife loves these shows.

Jerseygirl Mar 26th 2019 2:54 pm

Cleaning Up...I enjoyed this even if it was a little far fetched. The ending set the stage for a second series.

Baptiste...Enjoyed this murder thriller set in Amsterdam.

Cheater...another very watchable thriller.

lansbury Mar 26th 2019 6:54 pm

Apparently series 9 of Doc Martin started filming yesterday.

Nutek Mar 26th 2019 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 12660988)
Apparently series 9 of Doc Martin started filming yesterday.

Excellent.

Hotscot Mar 26th 2019 7:43 pm

There's too much stuff!
We mainly listen to music in the evening, while reading.
Maybe one hour of telly but there's too much to catch up on easily.

(Just realized we don't watch US stuff apart from cooking channels.)

Nutek Mar 26th 2019 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Hotscot (Post 12661016)
There's too much stuff!
We mainly listen to music in the evening, while reading.
Maybe one hour of telly but there's too much to catch up on easily.

(Just realized we don't watch US stuff apart from cooking channels.)

Watch harder!

Hotscot Mar 26th 2019 8:24 pm

:lol:

Guindalf Dec 11th 2019 5:39 pm

After three weeks plus of I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here and Extra Camp every night, we're looking for something new to watch.

I found some new to me series of London's Burning, which I didn't know was revived after I moved here, so that'll keep me going for a while!

markonline1 Dec 12th 2019 5:52 pm

I had weaned myself off UK tv pretty much until I signed up for ExpatPrime TV. I’m back to watching a ton of stuff. Tv is just so much better over there than here. Got throughly hooked on I’m A Celebrity. The kids thought it was great watching the bush tucker trials. The Apprentice is a good one this year. I’ve also found me tuning into Good Morning Britain on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. I now he’s a complete and utter bell end, but watching Piers Morgan rant and rave about stuff is great tv as far as I’m concerned.

Guindalf Dec 13th 2019 9:57 pm

I've been watching London's Burning as I didn't realize it was revived after I came here. It's a great series IMO, but there's one thing that bugs the heck out of me.

A lot of scenes have background music in them, be it a pub or the radio in a house or wherever. The problem is, none of it is by the original artist! It sounds like the old Ronco albums from when I was a kid, where some unknown artists are covering the hits of the day.

Unfortunately, once I figured out why the songs didn't sound quite right, I can't unhear it!

Bob Dec 27th 2019 5:45 pm

Any Christmas specials?

We saw the Gavin and Stacey one last night and rather enjoyed it. Kind of felt like it took off pretty much how the characters left off.

kimilseung Dec 27th 2019 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 12782683)
Any Christmas specials?

We saw the Gavin and Stacey one last night and rather enjoyed it. Kind of felt like it took off pretty much how the characters left off.

I don't get Gavin and Stacey, people rave about it, but it leaves my cold. I gave the special a go, but still didn't get it. It almost feels like a personal failing when everyone else gets something but I don't. I do feel like I am missing out.

Bob Dec 27th 2019 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12782697)
I don't get Gavin and Stacey, people rave about it, but it leaves my cold. I gave the special a go, but still didn't get it. It almost feels like a personal failing when everyone else gets something but I don't. I do feel like I am missing out.

I think the special, doesn't stand up as a stand alone. Too much of it follows on from the story lines in the last couple of series. I don't think I'd have enjoyed the show as much if I'd jumped in part of the way through.