British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   UK TV Programs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/uk-tv-programs-769630/)

Bob Apr 2nd 2018 6:06 pm

Re: UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12474468)
Marcella...series 2. 6 eps down 2 more to be show.

Although I find Anna Friel to be annoying...she always seems to play the same sort of neurotic, dishelved roles..I am enjoying this series. IMO it is much better than the first.

After a bit of a slow start to the series, it got quite compelling. We're enjoying it too. Certainly an odd character.

Jerseygirl Apr 2nd 2018 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 12474579)
After a bit of a slow start to the series, it got quite compelling. We're enjoying it too. Certainly an odd character.

Do unharmed women detective/police in the UK really go looking for dangerous murders in lonely/empty/deserted places alone...and also confront them? :eek:

Guindalf Sep 28th 2018 4:56 am

Anyone seen the newest game show called 'Chase The Case'?

It has to be the worst show ever green-lighted! It's so convoluted that I think you have to be some kind of genius to follow it, and I don't qualify!

Five contestants each have a case containing amounts from zero to 5000 pounds. They answer general knowledge questions, and the first to three correct gets the chance to either peek in someone else's case or find out if it is valued higher or lower than their own. The second person then gets the option not chosen.

The final round consists of all players on a grid and a correct answer lets them swap cases or keep their own. They somehow get eliminated and the last person standing wins the value of their case.

Yeah, just what I thought too. It's not going to last.

mrken30 Sep 28th 2018 4:58 am

The new Karl Pilkington show looks like it might be worth watching

explorerman Nov 7th 2018 2:54 pm

Quick question. What is everyone doing to watch UK TV? I was using UnoTelly but now I can't seem to get on to any of the UK TV services. My sub with them expires in a month so I'm looking around to see what I can use.
Any recommendations? I'm on Comcast in the US if that makes any difference.
Thanks

expatdoc Nov 13th 2018 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by explorerman (Post 12589725)
Quick question. What is everyone doing to watch UK TV? I was using UnoTelly but now I can't seem to get on to any of the UK TV services. My sub with them expires in a month so I'm looking around to see what I can use.
Any recommendations? I'm on Comcast in the US if that makes any difference.
Thanks

nord vpn will unblock it!

jenn32 Nov 14th 2018 9:00 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Netflix has a wonderful Australian series, "Rake," at this point 40 Episodes. Rake is Cleaver Greene, a brilliant but extremely flawed barrister who is a former druggie, addicted to gambling, and who is despised by most of the legal community of Sydney. It is subtle, sophisticated and very humorous (his roger gets him into unending trouble), combined with brilliance while advocating for his clients in the Courts. Some of the judges seem reminiscent of those encountered in that beloved series, "Rumpole of the Bailey." Of course, as a now retired attorney I am especially partial to the series, but I recommend giving it a try.

mikelincs Nov 23rd 2018 9:20 am

Currently enjoying 'Manifest' family travelling back to the US from Jamaica, flight over booked so three of them decide to take the cash offer and travel later. F;light in affected by a thunderstorm but when wanting to land they are diverted to another airport. There they are met by police and other law enforcement people, it appears that the flight has landed some 5 1/2 years after it left Jamaica and all on board have been declared dead series follows them getting their lives back.

Guindalf Nov 23rd 2018 11:39 am

^^^^^^

NOT a UK program!

mikelincs Nov 23rd 2018 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Guindalf (Post 12598022)
^^^^^^

NOT a UK program!

I'm in the UK and watching it.. :lol:

Guindalf Nov 25th 2018 4:11 am

STILL not a UK program! :p

Jerseygirl Nov 25th 2018 4:15 am

Moving on...

explorerman Dec 2nd 2018 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by expatdoc (Post 12592973)
nord vpn will unblock it!

Thanks Expatdoc, I ended up with ExpressVPN after a bunch or researching. $100 for the year didn't seem to bad to keep her indoors happy with her weekly Corrie binges :D

Guindalf Dec 3rd 2018 5:08 am

Corrie is on Britbox. Watch it within a day of the broadcast in the UK and it's only $6.99 a month (or $69.99 for a year in advance!).

Also comes with the knowledge that you are doing the right thing and not in breach of copyright laws.

kimilseung Dec 31st 2018 1:20 am

"Derry Girls" is on Netflix, Channel 4 Comedy set in, you guessed it, Derry. It's like the Inbetweeners, but maybe better.