British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   UK TV Programs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/uk-tv-programs-769630/)

Jerseygirl Oct 20th 2012 3:57 am

Re: UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by Desdemona (Post 10340159)
Have you checked out Me and Mrs. Jones yet? It's hilarious :lol:

No I haven't. If it's that good I will take a look.

Bob Oct 20th 2012 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10340160)

We've only seen the first episode and loved it. Have the second one lined up.

There have been some cracking new Brit shows, especially the comedies.

Desdemona Oct 20th 2012 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10340160)

It's got a stellar cast besides. I've enjoyed the two episodes so far :)

Jerseygirl Oct 20th 2012 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Desdemona (Post 10340752)
It's got a stellar cast besides. I've enjoyed the two episodes so far :)

I don't usually watch comedy series...too much overacting and canned laughter...but I will take a look.

Jerseygirl Oct 20th 2012 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10314950)
Hunted.

Anyone catch it? Have Melissa George, the Home and Away bird...about a spy being hunted...8 part series. Sounded like it might be interesting though, so it's on the list of shows to watch. Started last night.

The fourth episode is being shown on the 24 October... fifth episode on the 8 November.

Desdemona Oct 20th 2012 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10314950)
Hunted.

Anyone catch it? Have Melissa George, the Home and Away bird...about a spy being hunted...8 part series. Sounded like it might be interesting though, so it's on the list of shows to watch. Started last night.

It's good, Bob.

Desdemona Oct 20th 2012 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10340793)
I don't usually watch comedy series...too much overacting and canned laughter...but I will take a look.

No canned laughter, it's not a sitcom.

Bob Oct 27th 2012 12:58 pm

Derren Brown....new series, seems to be end of the world theme, trying to get someone to believe he's a handful of survivors of a world destroying event.

Don't know what it's like, but he's often kind of fun to watch. It's a 4 part series, 2 parters a event.

Bob Oct 29th 2012 9:18 pm

Misfits is back for another series....really weird this one...not sure I like it tbh, doesn't have the same feel of the first couple of series.

Will give it a couple more episodes though.

Jerseygirl Oct 29th 2012 10:06 pm

Really enjoying Downton...sad to hear Sunday will be the last episode in this series. :(

Bob Oct 29th 2012 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10356466)
Really enjoying Downton...sad to hear Sunday will be the last episode in this series. :(

There's a Christmas special planned and then a prequel mini series I think.

Desdemona Oct 30th 2012 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10356466)

And then we have to wait a whole year for the next series :( Hope they make the Xmas special really special like last year :) Then the waiting may not seem so bad (I hope)

Bob Oct 30th 2012 11:03 pm

Top Gear did a 50 year special of Bond Cars...which was kind of fun.

Desdemona Nov 5th 2012 4:51 am

So Downton's done for the season :ohmy: Hope Mary and Matthew have more good news for everyone in this year's Christmas Special as well :fingerscrossed:

kimilseung Nov 5th 2012 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10352666)
Derren Brown....new series, seems to be end of the world theme, trying to get someone to believe he's a handful of survivors of a world destroying event.

Don't know what it's like, but he's often kind of fun to watch. It's a 4 part series, 2 parters a event.

I'd like to believe it all, but I find it hard to, hard to believe that all family and friends could film secretly, be in the know and all keep quiet about it. But it is the legal issues that I question. They break so many laws, from data protection to kidnapping, I find it hard to believe that any release form could be so wide ranging and enforceable. Fun to watch none the less.