UK TV Programs

Old Nov 6th 2012, 2:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I'd like to believe it all, but I find it hard to, hard to believe that all family and friends could film secretly, be in the know and all keep quiet about it. But it is the legal issues that I question. They break so many laws, from data protection to kidnapping, I find it hard to believe that any release form could be so wide ranging and enforceable. Fun to watch none the less.
I kind of lost interest by the end of the first episode.

The folks involved just weren't very engaging and it was way to slow in setting the stage that I wasn't bothered about the concluding second episode.

What's the next two parter about?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 12:53 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

What's the next two parter about?
"Faith and Fear"

Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well that does sound more interesting...
Old Nov 10th 2012, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes if you've nothing better to do it's fun to turn on the teletext subtitles on TV especially if it's a live broadcast - these are designed for the hard of hearing, of course. Some of the things that come up are hilarious as the speech is so rapid and the subtitles don't always seem to be able to keep up with the correct text as spoken in the dialogue and often with funny results.

Here are some examples from several of the channel recently:

Actual vocal speech: : "Pigs love to nibble at our wellies" (for non Brits wellies means "Wellington boots").

What appeared in the text: "Pigs love to nibble at our willies" (for those not familar with this last word: penises).

"The conference was addressed by Ed Miliband" - "The conference was addressed by Ed Miller Band"

"A moment of silence for the Queen Mother" - "A moment of violence for the Queen Mother".

"A visit from the Archbishop of Canterbury is expected" appeared as: "A visit from the arch bitch of Canterbury".

(No doubt the PC Kommissar controlling the content of a Forum will subsitute one of the letters of the sixth word of the last sentence with * - but never mind - the word rhymes with switch anyway, and can refer to a female dog.)

"The Government is making hopeful decisions" came out as: ""The Government is making holes for surgeons".

A politician in an Andrew Marr interview said: "I do not believe in shortlisting myself" appeared in the subtitle text as: " I do not believe in soliciting myself".

"The Conservative Party is in favour of a tax on houses" was subtitled as: "The Conservative Party is in favour of attacks on houses"

"Principally chemical and biological weapons" was texted as "Prince of Chemical and Bionicle Weapons".

Kelly Holmes, the Olympic runner says in a live interview: "I will be hanging up my spikes". According to the subtitling she said: "I will be hanging up Perspex".

"Millions of poppies will be sold for Remembrance Sunday next week." became: "Millions of puppies will be sold for Rembrandts Sunday necks weak."

Actually, Remembrance Sunday will be here in fifteen minutes' time....GMT.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:30 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Another World War II drama -- reminds me of Land Girls in some ways. "Bomb Girls" I just saw a little of it, just up my street

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/sw...jumping-tracks
Old Nov 12th 2012, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

"I'm a Celebrity" etc is up and running again. Can't believe how much Tom Baker (Dr Who) has changed.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 5:37 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith S
"I'm a Celebrity" etc is up and running again. Can't believe how much Tom Baker (Dr Who) has changed.
Not sure if this is a joke, so if it is not......
It is Colin Baker, Dr Who #6, not #4
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Not sure if this is a joke, so if it is not......
It is Colin Baker, Dr Who #6, not #4
No joke, just my mistake! No wonder he looked so different.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 9:55 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Keith S
No joke, just my mistake! No wonder he looked so different.
I'm waiting for someone on the show to think its Tom Baker.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 5:59 pm
He/him

Fresh Meat

Its well in to its second season now.

I am in the middle of season 2. I almost gave up on it early on as a second rate 'Spaced', but .I stuck with it, and I have grown to have a liking for all the characters. Very true to many of my student memories, and funny.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 6:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Some Girls.

Anyone seen it? couple episodes in. I did read that it was being describes as Inbetweeners with girls...so errr....
Old Nov 16th 2012, 1:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

The Hour - back for a second series, about setting up a news show in the 50's.

Falcon - New 4 part crime drama, set in Spain, made by Sky.

Crime Stories - New crime drama that's made to look like a documentary....
Old Nov 17th 2012, 3:10 am
He/him

Heads up

New Sherlock
New years day
Old Nov 17th 2012, 10:47 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could get EastEnders over here. Is Dot Cotton dead yet?
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
Wish I could get EastEnders over here. Is Dot Cotton dead yet?
I get it through "other means"and no, although she hasn't been seen for a few weeks, she's not dead yet (I'm a few weeks behind in watching).

I usually manage to get episodes either the same night or next day.

Dish, at one time offered EastEnders as a package for $10 a month. Don't know if they still do. I got really PO'd when BBC America stopped showing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.