UK TV Programs

Old Sep 1st 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Programs

Thanks to iplayer I've got addicted to a comedy called 'The Kahns' about a Pakistani family from the Birmingham and 'Who do you think you are?' a show traces the genealogy of famous people, really interesting if you like family history stuff.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Quick heads up. There's a new series of Grand Designs starting on the 12th.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A Touch of Cloth, that two parter by Charlie Brooker....so very weird, little OTT in parts, but quite amusing all the same and worth a punt if you like his stuff.

First episode of Trollied was okay, but felt a little flat and cold compared to the last series, hoping it warms up again.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
Thanks to iplayer I've got addicted to a comedy called 'The Kahns' about a Pakistani family from the Birmingham...
I've read some mixed reviews on that and a lot of people saying it's really bad...so don't know what to think...probably will give it a go, but with so many new shows starting, hard to find the time to bother....hope it gets a few episodes to warm up though.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I've read some mixed reviews on that and a lot of people saying it's really bad...so don't know what to think...probably will give it a go, but with so many new shows starting, hard to find the time to bother....hope it gets a few episodes to warm up though.
Haha, yes it is a bit cheesy but it's so different to anything on over here sitcom wise, I did get sucked in for an hour.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Doctor Who is back, whoop!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 3:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Haha, yes it is a bit cheesy but it's so different to anything on over here sitcom wise, I did get sucked in for an hour.
We ended up watching it this evening....wasn't to impressed with it, just thought the main character and daughter were really irritating...but there was a few amusing moments.

The mosque chap was the waster son from that dentist show, which threw me a little
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Also, I've just started watching Parade's End, which is an Edwardian period drama. Plus Who do you think you are? is back on, as is Casualty.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 4:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taffie77
Also, I've just started watching Parade's End, which is an Edwardian period drama. Plus Who do you think you are? is back on, as is Casualty.
I started to watch Parade's End but I kept thinking that guy shouldn't be in this because he's Sherlock Holmes.

Thought the last episode of The Last Weekend was a little strange. Mother's Son looks interesting...is showing tomorrow and Tuesday. What's her face from Spooks is in it.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I started to watch Parade's End but I kept thinking that guy shouldn't be in this because he's Sherlock Holmes.

Thought the last episode of The Last Weekend was a little strange. Mother's Son looks interesting...is showing tomorrow and Tuesday. What's her face from Spooks is in it.
is The Last Weekend, and Mother's Son Beeb also? What's her face doesn't narrow it down though
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Parade's End looks like it might be a rehashing of Downtown Abbey maybe?
Netflix has the 5th season of Doc Martin which I love.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
We ended up watching it this evening....wasn't to impressed with it, just thought the main character and daughter were really irritating...but there was a few amusing moments.

The mosque chap was the waster son from that dentist show, which threw me a little
Yes the mosque bloke was a bit cringey and p.c.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I'm surprised that Casualty is still fun, it's so daft and stupid, but I still enjoy watching it....not to sure about the new location though, that seems sacrilegious, but am liking the new characters.

Parade's End looks like it might be a rehashing of Downtown Abbey maybe?
Netflix has the 5th season of Doc Martin which I love.
Parade's End is the the beebs answer to Downton and their big hope for a period drama.

I didn't really rate the first episode, but we've not got around to watching the second one yet, have it lined up and the previous for it did look better, but the characters just seemed very meh to begin with.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

is The Last Weekend, and Mother's Son Beeb also? What's her face doesn't narrow it down though
I don't know what channel they were on.

Roz from Spooks ...that's her name.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I don't know what channel they were on.

Roz from Spooks ...that's her name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.