Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

Old Feb 5th 2020, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud of
Default Re: U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by kimilseung
GB passport, they saw Arabic and the letter L.
Again... ha.
Old Feb 5th 2020, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Yankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud of
Default Re: U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That wasn't my experience at all.

I was at a conference in the Netherlands, sitting at a table when a woman approached and placed her hand on the back of the chair next to me and asked "Is this one free?" Except she wasn't talking to me, she was talking to our Dutch colleague sitting on the other side of the empty chair and had asked "Ist dit een vrij?"
Well, they sound the same to me, but, never having lived in the Netherlands, I dont speak Dutch 😂.

In all seriousness, German should not be too difficult for an English-speaker. After several weeks of intensive study, you will be able to understand most of what is said to you. It takes longer to respond in proper German, but that's only mastered with exposure...
Old Feb 5th 2020, 8:24 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite was on arrival in the USA, . being asked why I had visited Libya, based on my Lebanon visa.
I said I had never been to Libya, the immigration official flipped again through the pages and proudly pointed to the Lebanon visa.
I think he would have asked about Lebanon, but was a bit embarrassed when I pointed out the error, and waived me through.
I had no difficulty getting back into the USA after visiting the Lebanon in 2017 - butting getting in and of of the Lebanon itself had some issues. I never did find out why they had me sitting in a little office in immigration for 2 hours the first visit, and getting out they ran around with my passport and made lots of mutterings too. The second visit a week later was easier, but still involved at least 4 people looking at my passport, the computer and me before letting me in. Curiously at no point did anyone ask me why or who I was visiting!
Old Feb 5th 2020, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lizzyq
I had no difficulty getting back into the USA after visiting the Lebanon in 2017 - butting getting in and of of the Lebanon itself had some issues. I never did find out why they had me sitting in a little office in immigration for 2 hours the first visit, and getting out they ran around with my passport and made lots of mutterings too. The second visit a week later was easier, but still involved at least 4 people looking at my passport, the computer and me before letting me in. Curiously at no point did anyone ask me why or who I was visiting!
Just out of interest, did you travel anywhere other than Beirut?
Old Feb 5th 2020, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yankashire
Ha, interesting. Do you have a US passport? I have to say, the US authorities rarely ask me any questions... I was asked if I was a dual citizen last time I entered, but that was about it. My impression is that they generally focus their attention on non-US passport holders, but I could be very far off-base there...
They do tend to focus more on foreign visitors it seems but I would imagine that is common in many countries, they know a whole lot more about their own citizens. I never traveled anywhere interesting, Canada, Mexico once to Jamaica and once to Australia so I have a very boring passport so maybe they helps, my nearly 10 year old passport only has 1 thing in it, a permanent resident return to Canada document as my Canadian PR card had expired and I needed to travel before I received the new one. If I wasn't living in Canada, I wouldn't even have a passport and just save the money.

Old Feb 6th 2020, 12:20 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

in from the northern border with Syria to Beirut, out to the East back to Syria, via The Bekka Valley for Baalbek. This was a while back. It was a side visit on a trip around Syria.
oops, that question wasn't addressed to me.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
They do tend to focus more on foreign visitors it seems but I would imagine that is common in many countries, they know a whole lot more about their own citizens. I never traveled anywhere interesting, Canada, Mexico once to Jamaica and once to Australia so I have a very boring passport so maybe they helps, my nearly 10 year old passport only has 1 thing in it, a permanent resident return to Canada document as my Canadian PR card had expired and I needed to travel before I received the new one. If I wasn't living in Canada, I wouldn't even have a passport and just save the money.
Fascinating...I was in Canada last year on my US passport, flying in through Toronto from Philadelphia. They don't stamp US passports anymore. Just the "Hello Bonjour", why are you here line of questioning, for 30 seconds and then I was admitted for six months without further question...
Old Feb 6th 2020, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

in from the northern border with Syria to Beirut, out to the East back to Syria, via The Bekka Valley for Baalbek. This was a while back. It was a side visit on a trip around Syria.
oops, that question wasn't addressed to me.
Although I suppose I can see the root of the government's interest... 😅
Old Feb 6th 2020, 1:54 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

No, my client was in Beirut and I didn't venture any further, not that I had time to do so.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 2:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Fascinating...I was in Canada last year on my US passport, flying in through Toronto from Philadelphia. They don't stamp US passports anymore. Just the "Hello Bonjour", why are you here line of questioning, for 30 seconds and then I was admitted for six months without further question...
I haven't anyone actually stamp my passport since my one and only trip outside of North America 20 years, Australia and oh Canada did stamp my passport when I became a PR, but that was my first passport and its long gone.

Last time I flew back to Canada was May, and did the kiosk, and CBSA person looked at the slip, looked at passport and sent me on my way, no questions at all, guess with the machine asking everything they have no point in asking as many ha ha

Old Feb 6th 2020, 3:33 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

3 cases and counting in UK now. How long until the the UK is subject to a travel ban by Trump?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
3 cases and counting in UK now. How long until the the UK is subject to a travel ban by Trump?
Why would the UK be subject to a travel ban when Japan (45 cases), Singapore (30 cases), Australia (15 cases) and Germany (13 cases) haven't been subjected to one?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 10:24 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Why would the UK be subject to a travel ban when Japan (45 cases), Singapore (30 cases), Australia (15 cases) and Germany (13 cases) haven't been subjected to one?
It won't be 45, 30, 15,13 and 3 cases for long will it? Those numbers could rise very quickly indeed especially in UK were people are asked to "self isolate" in many cases it only takes one selfish person not to and we could have a larger number. although the virus doesn't seem to take to western people does it. Interesting that isn't it.

Last edited by andyrebell; Feb 6th 2020 at 10:40 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andyrebell

t won't be 45, 30, 15,13 and 3 cases for long will it? Those numbers could rise very quickly indeed especially in UK were people are asked to "self isolate" in many cases it only takes one selfish person not to and we could have a larger number although the virus doesn't seem to take to western people does it. Interesting that isn't it.

Interesting edit there, any source or factual basis for this bigoted nonsense?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 10:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Phathamster
Interesting edit there, any source or factual basis for this bigoted nonsense?
No one has blamed anyone yet for creating this virus people just accepting that it is though it has harming economies isn't it. And how come none of the brits on the diamond princess are sick and why no outbreak in York.

Last edited by andyrebell; Feb 6th 2020 at 10:42 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.