Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

TV/Movies you are looking forward to...

TV/Movies you are looking forward to...

Old May 15th 2008, 2:29 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice
Default Re: TV/Movies you are looking forward to...

Also looking forward to the 24 movie. Will be interesting to see how they use the early abandoned S7 plotlines in movie format. Howard Gordon and co. have some making up to do after S6, and this promises to be the perfect tonic.

I so want Indiana Jones to be good...

Batman looks fantastic.

On the DVD side of things, I have Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima to watch when I get over to the States. Both myself and wife-to-be like our war films, neither of us have seen them and they promise to be good.

On the TV front, i'm looking forward to 24 S7 and Friday Night Lights S3.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:33 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Harrison Ford is too old to be Indiana Jones. I'm not sure what looks more worn & stupid, that silly old hat or his geriatric face as the lead role in an action movie FFS

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; May 15th 2008 at 4:08 pm.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:35 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Harrison Ford is too old to be Indiana Jones. I'm not sure what looks more worn & stupid, that silly old hat or his geriatric face in an action movie as the lead role FFS
Yeah he is a bit past it now but I really like the young actor that's in it with him, Shia LaBeouf (Disturbia) should be good!
Old May 15th 2008, 2:58 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JEM3110
Yeah he is a bit past it now but I really like the young actor that's in it with him, Shia LaBeouf (Disturbia) should be good!
Can't stand that ****. He was on a show called Project Greenlight on HBO a few years ago before he became famous. Basically a reality show where Affleck & Damon took aspiring screenwriters and the winner got their script made into a movie. That little tosser Shia was in the movie, his pushy Jewish mommy was chaperoning him all around the sets, a right Mommy's boy. When I see him it just reminds me of that. That's the clincher for me, I won't be watching that stupid sequel

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; May 15th 2008 at 4:08 pm.
Old May 15th 2008, 3:06 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
what about the second one - bridge to terebitha (or something like that), Prince caspian is the third!

the new Indiana Jones movie for me!
Prince Caspian is the second. Bridge to Teribithia is a completely different thing.

I was quite surprised to see Prince Caspian has a ton of action sequences. I always thought it was the weakest book of the series, which was why Prince Caspian is usually melded into Voyage of the Dawn Treader (book 3) when they do TV versions of the series.

Me, I want to see Batman, still haven't had a chance to see Iron Man yet, the Indy movie, Pineapple Express, and I still want to see Son of Rambow.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
what about the second one - bridge to terebitha (or something like that), Prince caspian is the third!
Huh?
The Chronicles of Narnia were seven stories written by C.S Lewis
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Horse and His Boy
The Magician’s Nephew
The Last Battle
Old May 15th 2008, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the movies I go to are kids ones, so the new Indiana Jones one and Kung Fu Panda!

Am I the only one here who can't stand Sex and the City? I find SJP very irritating...
Where's my vomit smiley for SATC? Can't stand that show..

Not sure about the Indiana Jones movie. It looks like it could be ok, but I just wonder if Ford is getting too old for that kind of stuff.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:21 pm

Can't stand that ****. He was on a show called Project Greenlight on HBO a few years ago before he became famous. Basically a reality show where Affleck & Damon took aspiring screenwriters and the winner got their script made into a movie. That little tosser Shia was in the movie, his pushy Jewish mommy was chaperoning him all around the sets, a right Mommy's boy. When I see him it just reminds me of that. That's the clincher for me, I won't be watching that stupid sequel
Yeah, I know what you mean - saw him on Letterman the other night, and he did come across as a bit of a smart arse, but hey, he is only 21! I'm sure a lot of these young up and coming actors have got a pushy, Jewish mommy behind them somewhere! I still think he's a good actor.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Where's my vomit smiley for SATC? Can't stand that show..

Not sure about the Indiana Jones movie. It looks like it could be ok, but I just wonder if Ford is getting too old for that kind of stuff.
I think Harrison Ford was at his best in the Star Wars Original Trilogy 30 years ago!
Old May 15th 2008, 4:24 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
My life story
So what’s that.... 3 hours of static and white noise?
Old May 15th 2008, 4:33 pm
Banned

Yeah, I know what you mean - saw him on Letterman the other night, and he did come across as a bit of a smart arse, but hey, he is only 21! I'm sure a lot of these young up and coming actors have got a pushy, Jewish mommy behind them somewhere! I still think he's a good actor.
I'm sure they do. Just blows it for me when you see a behind the scenes glimpse at a spoilt brat or someone unlikeable.
I still want to see Iron Man as I was an avid Marvel comic collector as a kid. The villain looks a bit weak, should have been The Mandarin.

Mongol looks like it might be good too. Thought it would be a good idea to put up trailers on this thread

Old May 15th 2008, 4:39 pm
Banned

M. Night Shyamalan's new one looks interesting. About time he made a good one. Loved the Sixth Sense & Unbreakable, been going downhill ever since. Lady in the Water.................. absolute pooh.
Hopefully he'll redeem himself;

Old May 15th 2008, 4:46 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
We are going to see Iron man Saturday I have my doubts.
I LOVED it - i wasnt sure and then saw it and thought it was amaze!!

M. Night Shyamalan's new one looks interesting. About time he made a good one. Loved the Sixth Sense & Unbreakable, been going downhill ever since. Lady in the Water.................. absolute pooh.
Hopefully he'll redeem himself;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4fwccFTJIdo
I want to see this - the first trailer i saw it looked good, the second it looked shit scary!!! So we shall see....................

Think the prince caspian one looks pretty rubbish - i wasnt overly fond of the remake of lion, witch and wardrobe tho....................much prefer the old bbc series
Old May 15th 2008, 6:11 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

don't watch too much TV these days.......

Only film I'm waiting for is the limited release of 'The Fall'. Opened start of May and finally makes to us next weekend
Old May 15th 2008, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

TMac is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't wait for Weeds and Californication on Showtime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.