TSA Pre

Old Aug 6th 2015, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

AndFinally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TSA Pre

I'd love to formally apply for TSA Pre but I can't because I don't have a green card nor am I a USC, I am here on an L1-A.

I used to get TSA Pre virtually every time on all my flights before April of this year but these days it's really rather patchy, apparently they changed the rules in April 2015.

Any idea why they wouldn't allow certain Visa categories to apply for TSA Pre? It's not like they know any less about me than a GC holder.. or do they?
Old Aug 8th 2015, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

DexterBerkeley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TSA Pre

I don't know for sure, but I think it might be around their confidence in their ability to background check. When Global Entry was briefly open to UKCs, I think you had to get a criminal record check in the UK to go with your application.

I know that this can seem a bit silly, I mean I know that when I went form L1-A to GC there was more investigation into me personally, such as the medical, but one day I would not have been eligible, and the next magically I'm good.

I know it sucks a bit for you, but I'm kind of glad they changed the rules, it stopped 'amateurs' slow up the line.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 3:26 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndFinally
I'd love to formally apply for TSA Pre but I can't because I don't have a green card nor am I a USC, I am here on an L1-A.

I used to get TSA Pre virtually every time on all my flights before April of this year but these days it's really rather patchy, apparently they changed the rules in April 2015.

Any idea why they wouldn't allow certain Visa categories to apply for TSA Pre? It's not like they know any less about me than a GC holder.. or do they?
It might be of interest to you to know that until a year or so ago, LPR's were not eligible to use TSA Pre either.

Unfortunately, you're just going to have to wait until (or if) certain visa categories can apply.

Personally, I'm overjoyed that TSA Pre is now being reserved for those who have paid for it, not just been nominated via their airline. The amount of times I see families in the TSA Pre line recently has driven me to insanity.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 3:27 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DexterBerkeley
I know it sucks a bit for you, but I'm kind of glad they changed the rules, it stopped 'amateurs' slow up the line.
+1 to this.