Trumpisms

Old Aug 12th 2016, 9:26 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trumpisms

Just thought I'd start a thread on the latest pronouncements by that incredibly talented and politically aware candidate for the US presidency, Donald J Trump.

I see now that he has just discovered that ISIS was started by Barack Obama, with the assistance of Hilary Clinton. mmmm
Old Aug 12th 2016, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trumpisms

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Just thought I'd start a thread on the latest pronouncements by that incredibly talented and politically aware candidate for the US presidency, Donald J Trump.

I see now that he has just discovered that ISIS was started by Barack Obama, with the assistance of Hilary Clinton. mmmm
and within a day he is now saying that he was just being SARCASTIC
( tweet sent out this morning )
Old Aug 12th 2016, 12:43 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt following a discussion and very strong words and threats from the RNC following his double down on that claim.

The likelihood of him being patently ditched is now right at the edge of the cliff. And in private, the decision has probably already been made. The RNC now needs to salvage congressional seats, and that can only be achieved by ditching him. At least it appears that's the only remaining option.

Because he can't resist blurting out crazy, desperate rhetoric, Clinton's team can rather easily provoke him to blurt out more of the same ridiculousness, and that will be his own undoing. The RNC is clear about it now. It's all over but the shouting.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Not a recent one but just saw this on Twitter, the total word salad and gibberish is unreal

Old Aug 12th 2016, 1:58 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philk
Not a recent one but just saw this on Twitter, the total word salad and gibberish is unreal

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CplCdXGVUAA2B7z.jpg
Dafuq did I just read

How can someone claim to have an IQ of 145 and yet speak at what I would call a third grade level but that would be incredibly insulting to third graders. Either he really is that inarticulate, or he has such a low opinion of the linguistic capacity of the average American that he's 'dumbing it down' for them. Either way, he comes out covered in shit.

Seriously, my daughter was a more eloquent speaker than him when she was two.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Dafuq did I just read

How can someone claim to have an IQ of 145 and yet speak at what I would call a third grade level but that would be incredibly insulting to third graders. Either he really is that inarticulate, or he has such a low opinion of the linguistic capacity of the average American that he's 'dumbing it down' for them. Either way, he comes out covered in shit.

I've tried to read some of the transcripts of his speeches at his rallys and they are all like that, complete gibberish, wandering off on all sorts of tangents, points never made or finished. I don't think I've been able to get to the end they are so bad
Old Aug 12th 2016, 2:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philk
I've tried to read some of the transcripts of his speeches at his rallys and they are all like that, complete gibberish, wandering off on all sorts of tangents, points never made or finished. I don't think I've been able to get to the end they are so bad
You weren't able to get to the end because there is no end. He just tapers off until he makes this face:

Then he picks up where he left off at the next rally.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Have you noticed how he says it?

"(Insert false statement), it's true yes it's true"

Any way, live fact checking is catching up.

Cable news fact checks Trump. | Fusion
Old Aug 12th 2016, 2:40 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Have you noticed how he says it?

"(Insert false statement), it's true yes it's true"

Any way, live fact checking is catching up.

Cable news fact checks Trump. | Fusion
If Trump's pants were any more on fire, he'd have to change his name to Lord Flashheart.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

If Trump's pants were any more on fire, he'd have to change his name to Lord Flashheart.

Old Aug 12th 2016, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Dafuq did I just read

I think combination- he probably intelligent and shrewd in the areas he knows well, business/real estate and branding, and like advertising agencies know dumbing down the message and repeating the message often the way to go. But that doesn't mean he is well read, nor used to dealing with rigor of the public areas or even public speaking more than sound bites.

The press went nuts about Reagan claiming his lack of knowledge yet he was an effective President and press even more leftist than those days, and sometimes I think Trump just enjoys getting under their skin.

We will be faced with his defeat bringing on a speech about the election being rigged
Old Aug 12th 2016, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
The press went nuts about Reagan claiming his lack of knowledge yet he was an effective President and press even more leftist than those days, and sometimes I think Trump just enjoys getting under their skin.
Reagan didn't go straight from the film studio to the Presidency, he had quite a bit of political involvement first, then became a two term Governor or California.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Reagan didn't go straight from the film studio to the Presidency, he had quite a bit of political involvement first, then became a two term Governor or California.
True, and even before being governor he had been giving lots of political speeches since the late 1950's. But I remember the general media and liberals going ballistic at times at comments he made, and questioning of his intelligence. Aides sometimes were quoted as tearing their hair out where he got some of information he quoted ( turned out Reader's Digest a source of some of his comments). How he and Weinberger would cause a nuclear war, questions about his IQ etc etc.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 8:47 pm
I have a comma problem

I think combination- he probably intelligent and shrewd in the areas he knows well, business/real estate and branding, and like advertising agencies know dumbing down the message and repeating the message often the way to go. But that doesn't mean he is well read, nor used to dealing with rigor of the public areas or even public speaking more than sound bites.
While I don't expect our Presidents to be Nobel laureates or anything, I do think a certain degree of eloquence should be displayed. Trump possesses no class at all of course, that's pretty evident in the way he carries himself.

While I expect ad agencies to dumb down to the public, it's rather insulting when a would-be Commander in Chief does it. It shows rather clearly his opinion of the people he is trying to get to vote for him.

If Reagan came clean from day one and didn't try to pretend he was something he's not - that's one thing. Trump's just an arsehole, and doesn't deserve to be within 20 feet of the White House. Hopefully the GOP grow some balls and give him the boot. If they can come up with a reasonable, moderate centre-right candidate who shows willingness to work across party lines, then maybe I'll get some faith back in the system. Shan't hole my breath, though.

We will be faced with his defeat bringing on a speech about the election being rigged
Can't wait.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

While I don't expect our Presidents to be Nobel laureates or anything, I do think a certain degree of eloquence should be displayed. Trump possesses no class at all of course, that's pretty evident in the way he carries himself.

While I expect ad agencies to dumb down to the public, it's rather insulting when a would-be Commander in Chief does it. It shows rather clearly his opinion of the people he is trying to get to vote for him.

If Reagan came clean from day one and didn't try to pretend he was something he's not - that's one thing. Trump's just an arsehole, and doesn't deserve to be within 20 feet of the White House. Hopefully the GOP grow some balls and give him the boot. If they can come up with a reasonable, moderate centre-right candidate who shows willingness to work across party lines, then maybe I'll get some faith back in the system. Shan't hole my breath, though.

Can't wait.
Clinton in her own way dumbing down to the Americans yet in a different way- like Trump she will say or do anything to get elected, just is more refined in how she says things.

As far as reaching across the aisle that is the last thing I would like to see, as both sides of the aisle propose tinkering with things and half-measures that don't address many of the serious issues the country faces. That is one of the things I liked about Sanders- he had a bold plan, he stuck to it, and whether you liked it or not at least in Sanders you knew where he stood and the core policies he would put into place.

I am waiting for Trump's future speech about the election being rigged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.