Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Treasury Exchange Rate 12/31/17

Treasury Exchange Rate 12/31/17

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 8:32 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Treasury Exchange Rate 12/31/17

for 12/31/2017 is $1.3513 to £1

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsre...rrentRates.htm
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:19 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Treasury Exchange Rate 12/31/17

OH and you can't used saved master copies of previous FBAR forms you have to use this years new form.

Last edited by lansbury; Jan 22nd 2018 at 10:47 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
OH and you can't used saved master copies of previous FBAR forms you have to use this years new form.
I couldn't see anywhere that the form had changed, so not sure why they say this. Anyway I found it easy enough to cut and paste things like account numbers from the old one to the new.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
I couldn't see anywhere that the form had changed, so not sure why they say this. Anyway I found it easy enough to cut and paste things like account numbers from the old one to the new.
I was puzzled by that too as the currently accessible form says "Effective October 1, 2013" and is marked as "Version Number 1.0".
Old Jan 25th 2018, 6:29 pm

Well this is what I read

*** Important Notice *** - Effective January 8th, 2018, previously saved versions of the FBAR report (downloaded prior to December 8th, 2017) will no longer be accepted.

which I took to mean there was a new version of the form dated 12/8/17. But I will agree I can't see any differences between what I used last year, and this year.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 7:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to try to fill it out using my IPad, using the web version. I should have known that was a big mistake - I'd filled in all the tedious data, was about to sign & submit it, when iPad did one of its "there was a problem with this web page so it was reloaded." Lost all my work. I'll go in to the library tomorrow to use a desktop PC to fill it out and submit - which is what I've done for the last several years, now we don't have a computer at home.

Same old story. FBAR is relatively straightforward, just takes half an hour to fill out and submit. But it's still a pain.