Travel back to UK

Old Dec 17th 2021, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel back to UK

The ExpressTest site at T3 was showing very limited availability when I booked a few days ago (for the 20th). T2 looked wide open by comparison and assume that has a lot to do with the airlines using each terminal. Will report on the queues or otherwise once we use it.
Old Dec 17th 2021, 1:07 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newadventure
We fly tomorrow, arrive Friday morning at LHR. We had PCR tests yesterday, got results 9 hrs later. We have booked PCR arrival tests at T3, £70 each soon after we arrive. Will then self-isolate until we get the results (meant to be by 10pm following day). We ordered the Binax self tests from eMed and are taking those with us. What could possibly go wrong?
Sounds like you used Express test - I have mine booked at Terminal 5 so hoping it's a bit quicker there to get it done. Please let us know when you get the results back.

I booked a PCR test here in Austin, got the results back about 12 hours later which was a pleasant surprise. I haven't been in any group settings/indoors with anyone else since Thanksgiving - there was no way I was risking my trip being kyboshed by this virus. Looking forward to at least a quick one in the local pub!!

Old Dec 18th 2021, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Got 4/5 results back after 15 hrs from arrivals PCR at T3 LHR. All -ve but frustratingly, my results are the ones that haven’t come through yet
Old Dec 18th 2021, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Got 4/5 results back after 15 hrs from arrivals PCR at T3 LHR. All -ve but frustratingly, my results are the ones that haven’t come through yet
PS - Yes, this is Express Test
Old Dec 18th 2021, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Last result in now, 18:30. Negative! 18 hrs after the other results, 1.5 hrs before the time they predicted, 34 hrs after the test, and 5 mins before my first pint
Old Dec 18th 2021, 6:25 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Last result in now, 18:30. Negative! 18 hrs after the other results, 1.5 hrs before the time they predicted, 34 hrs after the test, and 5 mins before my first pint
Good job! Thanks for the update.
Currently at Austin airport Wondering why the heck I'm traveling at Christmas 🙄
The ,BA verifly app was a huge time saver at check in.
See y'all on the other side of the pond..
Old Dec 20th 2021, 9:29 am
Austin. TX.

Landed terminal 5 bags from everywhere took ages to get loaded onto carousel and I was getting a little actresses about having missed my time slot/appointment for expresstest. Didn't matter at all, just turned up joined a small queue and was done in 15 minutes.
she told me results would be be back by 10pm next day. It's now. About 24 hours later and still haven't had test result.
Old Dec 20th 2021, 9:29 pm
Austin. TX.

update:
test results came back 25 hours later. Negative :-) In time to celebrate my birthday!
Old Dec 20th 2021, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
update:
test results came back 25 hours later. Negative :-) In time to celebrate my birthday!
Excellent! Is that 25 hrs after last post or after test? Have a good time in the UK
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Landed on the 20th. Terminal 3 ExpressTest had no slots available for that day so we booked T2 and walked over. No queue and arrived 45 minutes before our time slot, walked straight in and done in 5 minutes (9.10am ish). Test results came back at 4pm on the 21st.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 11:47 am
Austin. TX.

now folks....
how about the return journey
lateral flow less than 24 hours beforehand?
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 12:53 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

now folks....
I went with Qured. They sent the test in the mail. I then booked a time-slot for supervision of the test. After the test, I photographed the test result with my passport, uploaded it to their site. They sent a certificate signed by a doctor, which is acceptable to the airline & the US authorities.

I had to change my time-slot twice, as between the initial booking an my flight, the time window was reduced from three days to one day. Everything worked well, I’d highly recommend their service.

It is one day prior - not 24 hours. For instance my flight was 12:05pm, and I did my test 10:00am previous day.
Old Dec 28th 2021, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robin1234
I went with Qured. They sent the test in the mail. I then booked a time-slot for supervision of the test. After the test, I photographed the test result with my passport, uploaded it to their site. They sent a certificate signed by a doctor, which is acceptable to the airline & the US authorities.

I had to change my time-slot twice, as between the initial booking an my flight, the time window was reduced from three days to one day. Everything worked well, I’d highly recommend their service.

It is one day prior - not 24 hours. For instance my flight was 12:05pm, and I did my test 10:00am previous day.

Reassuring report thank you, i have just used them to book the several tests needed for my wife to visit her family stateside in January.
Old Dec 29th 2021, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

now folks....
I bought a 6 pack from emeds for $150. Its done over the internet. Used it the last two times.

When i landed in London i had a same day PCR test. Not cheap, but didnt want to be stuck in a hotel.
Old Dec 31st 2021, 4:05 pm
Austin. TX.

Now back home in Texas...
I couldn't get a Qured video consult when I needed one to get the antigen test for the way home so ended up using expresstest again. This time at Birmingham airport which was kinda on the way back from S Wales to Oxford. PITA to have to go the long way round to get this done but expresstest made it easy. I could have just left it to get it done at LHR before checking in but if it had come back positive then that would also have been a PITA - since I'd have handed back the rental and been 1.5 hours from my friend's house.
I'm so freaking over this whole covid thing. I'm fully vaxed and boostered and thinking a bit of Darwinism with those who don't get it done is about right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.