Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

TOT MOM free to resume partying

TOT MOM free to resume partying

Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TOT MOM free to resume partying

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I'm just disappointed that justice seems to have been cheated, although it's odds-on this nutjob will go the way of OJ and screw up. Here's hoping.
Karma has a way of working these things out, as we saw with OJ.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:49 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I have several women friends [now attorneys] in their 60's who gave birth when quite young -- they shudder to think about how they acted when they were Casey's age. I heard words like "stupid" and "irrersponsible" but not "murder."

A different POV than what I have.

I find it interesting that both Robert Shapiro and Marcia Clark rendered opinions from different POV's -- but they agreed that there was no way a capital murder conviction was in the works based upon the evidence.

Shapiro wrote in today's LA Times that he believes that the prosecution went for capital murder as a tactic to get a more conviction prone jury. In order to sit on a capital jury, a juror must be able to say they would impose the death penalty if warranted. This may very well have back-fired. One it ruled out plea bargaining and two, there is an instinctive hesitation to impose the death penalty without really meeting the high burden of proof.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:02 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Stuart, I think Anthony actually rejected a plea bargain a while back.

And I'm sure your female lawyer friends didn't put duct tape over a kid's mouth and nose. That's more than irresponsible.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Karma has a way of working these things out, as we saw with OJ.
If she spends any time at all in jail, among the general population, particularly in a women's prison, it's possible Karma will get a helping hand. Prisoners have a peculiar "code of honor" and certain transgressions aren't tolerated. Those who believe her guilty (in prison) may exact their own kind of punishment! :~\ Octang Frye's disgust is probably universally shared, on many levels and for many reasons. :-l

Last edited by Egg and Cress; Jul 10th 2011 at 5:51 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I read this because I have a TomTom nav system and i wanted to know if I need another program for it to work in the UK?

OK I think there maybe a way for the court to bring charges against Nancy Grace. Hope they do big time.

Our parting word on this event is that Casey is protecting someone who was the responsible person.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I read this because I have a TomTom nav system and i wanted to know if I need another program for it to work in the UK?

OK I think there maybe a way for the court to bring charges against Nancy Grace. Hope they do big time.

Our parting word on this event is that Casey is protecting someone who was the responsible person.
Yeah, herself.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yeah, herself.
I wouldn't want you on my jury.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 10:16 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I wouldn't want you on my jury.
No you wouldn't.

Why are you still so pissy? This was the verdict you wanted.

And that hoo-ha about suing Nancy Grace is a joke. She's a TV analyst. Do we sue sports analysts for predicting games wrong? Geraldo Rivera was just as vocal for the defense. Maybe the prosecution should sue him for losing their case for them? Freedom of speech. They gots it. Regretfully, so do you.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:12 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW -- I sometimes surf over to HLN and they are still talking about the case! I LOL on Bill Maher's comment.

Dhalia Lithwick's column is of interest. I also find that there is a lot of "armchair quarterbacking" going on.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I do, Manc. And yes, you're absolutely right. It seems the prosecution didn't prove that she was responsible, and the jury probably did the (technically) correct thing. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And while Anthony is a proven liar, thief and all-about weirdo, you can't convict just because of her wacky behavior. The evidence seemed to be circumstantial.

I'm just disappointed that justice seems to have been cheated, although it's odds-on this nutjob will go the way of OJ and screw up. Here's hoping.
Many criminal cases are decided on circumstantial evidence as very few offer 'smoking guns' so not sure what you mean about the jury doing the "technically" correct thing. The facts and evidence pointed only to one conclusion - that she was guilty. Honestly, who in their right mind would stage an accident as a murder?
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by Macca67
Many criminal cases are decided on circumstantial evidence as very few offer 'smoking guns' so not sure what you mean about the jury doing the "technically" correct thing. The facts and evidence pointed only to one conclusion - that she was guilty. Honestly, who in their right mind would stage an accident as a murder?
BTW, the proverbial smoking gun is the classic piece of circumstantial evidence.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Desmodronic is an unknown quantity at this point

Well its called Flori-duh for a reason.

But dont blame the jury

Looks like the prosecution made a right royal balls up.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Desmodronic is an unknown quantity at this point

And Nancy Grace and her annoying accent and holier than thou attitude is probably the most annoying person in the known universe.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 8:25 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by Desmodronic
Well its called Flori-duh for a reason.

But dont blame the jury

Looks like the prosecution made a right royal balls up.
In Virginia, it seems that the prosecution knows how to get around the inconvenient fact that both the people and the defendant are represented by counsel. See this article.