Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Toilets for cross gender customers (Off topic posts moved from the BHS thread)

Wikiposts

Toilets for cross gender customers (Off topic posts moved from the BHS thread)

Old May 2nd 2016, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toilets for cross gender customers (Off topic posts moved from the BHS thread)

Originally Posted by Anian
It's already incredibly easy to walk into a women's restroom while looking like a regular man. Pretending to be or actually being trans will make no difference to a rapist.
Women quite often use the men's restroom anyway, especially when there is a long queue for the ladies and alcohol is involved.
Old May 2nd 2016, 4:36 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toilets for cross gender customers (Off topic posts moved from the BHS thread)

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I've done it once, at the pub when the gents' were closed. I announced my presence by letting them know I was coming in for a slash but nobody cared since we were all pissed.

I also had to go into the ladies' one night by request because a bloke had gone in there by mistake and started taking a shit, and none of the girls wanted to go in there to tell him he was in the wrong bog

But anyway, no offense mate, the notion that letting trans men (if I'm getting the terminology correct) into the women's toilets will cause an increase in rapists dragging up is a bit ridiculous to me.
Well I hope you're right so let's wait and see in the meantime.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 2nd 2016 at 4:41 am. Reason: Cocked up quote
Old May 2nd 2016, 4:41 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Mainly because if that was something they were going to do, it would already have been done. But non-transitioned men do not usually make convincing women. I mean, if Eddie Izzard or Tim Currie in his Rocky Horry gear walked into the ladies' bog, they'd know that they were men.
Old May 2nd 2016, 4:59 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Mainly because if that was something they were going to do, it would already have been done. But non-transitioned men do not usually make convincing women. I mean, if Eddie Izzard or Tim Currie in his Rocky Horry gear walked into the ladies' bog, they'd know that they were men.
I was stationed in Singapore for a spell during my Army service. I was given the dollar tour by a couple of fellow soldiers just after I arrived. One place they showed me was Boogis street. It was a place frequented by transvestites . I have to honestly say that some of them were really beautiful. It would be hard for any man even stone cold sober to know what they really were.
Sometime later one of them was picked up by a paratrooper who had had one too many. When he found out that the she was a he, he beat her to death. From there on in that street was placed out of bound to all British military personnel
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

In the mean time, there's already laws against raping people...
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:24 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I was stationed in Singapore for a spell during my Army service. I was given the dollar tour by a couple of fellow soldiers just after I arrived. One place they showed me was Boogis street. It was a place frequented by transvestites . I have to honestly say that some of them were really beautiful. It would be hard for any man even stone cold sober to know what they really were.
Again, I think a great deal more care would have been taken over their appearance than your hypothetical opportunistic drag-queen rapist. Your average bloke in a dress looks exactly like ... a bloke in a dress.

Sometime later one of them was picked up by a paratrooper who had had one too many. When he found out that the she was a he, he beat her to death. From there on in that street was placed out of bound to all British military personnel
Jesus, as overreactions go, that's up there.
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:25 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

So the lesson there then would be to avoid paratroopers.
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
So the lesson there then would be to avoid paratroopers.

and you're saying this happened somewhere other than a toilet?
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:32 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NatashaB
and you're saying this happened somewhere other than a toilet?
Hard to imagine, but yes.
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:57 am
Banned

Seems to me we should pull the chain on this thread as the discussions seem have become bogg-ed down in toilet behavior minutae
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

In most of the US there aren't any laws about it because there weren't any issues with it, so "in the meantime" has been the case forever. It's only recent right-wing agitation that has tried to stop it in the last few months in certain areas.
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:59 am
I have a comma problem

Seems to me we should pull the chain on this thread as the discussions seem have become bogg-ed down in toilet behavior minutae
You're certainly flush with puns today. One might almost say you're on a roll ...
Old May 2nd 2016, 6:01 am
Banned

Again, I think a great deal more care would have been taken over their appearance than your hypothetical opportunistic drag-queen rapist. Your average bloke in a dress looks exactly like ... a bloke in a dress.

Jesus, as overreactions go, that's up there.
So blokes wearing dresses but looking like blokes wouldn't have an unsettling effect on the average female toilet user? Why should the average female toilet user even have to experience that? Merely to satisfy the whims of a very small minority ?
Old May 2nd 2016, 6:11 am
I have a comma problem

So blokes wearing dresses but looking like blokes wouldn't have an unsettling effect on the average female toilet user? Why should the average female toilet user even have to experience that? Merely to satisfy the whims of a very small minority ?
You completely missed my point. This law refers to transsexuals, not transvestites. I was talking about the idea of a non-transsexual man putting on a wig and a dress to sneak into the women's toilet to plan a rape as being far fetched.

A transvestite (and I'm not an expert here, but in the main, most male transvestites identify as heterosexual) is most likely going to use the gents'.
Old May 2nd 2016, 6:15 am
Banned

You're certainly flush with puns today. One might almost say you're on a roll ...
Maybe it's time to move a HEAD and forget the more vulgar aspects of public lavatories and their functions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.