Toddlers

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toddlers

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Now at age 4 he demands the "teenie tiny computer" (ipad) and we just shrug.
We use Amazon freetime to restrict usage and content on the tablet.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Toddlers today can use a computer better then I can sometimes.

Smart little buggers they are at times.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 9:40 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
We swore up and down young sir would not be even near any sort of screen until he was at least two.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know I would crack too! I never limited my kids' telly time when they were growing up--this was back in the late 80s/early 90s. I was shocked when a 5 year old came over to ours and said his mother forbid it.

Seems to me, as a first-time grandmother now, that kids today would be out of step if they weren't computer savvy early on....
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue

I know I would crack too! I never limited my kids' telly time when they were growing up--this was back in the late 80s/early 90s. I was shocked when a 5 year old came over to ours and said his mother forbid it.

Seems to me, as a first-time grandmother now, that kids today would be out of step if they weren't computer savvy early on....
To be fair when I was a kid growing up in the early 80's TV wasn;t even broadcast all day. I have very distinct memories of turning the TV on hopefully and then turning it back off when it was just the Test Card. Also of getting up very early at my grandparents and watching the Anglia Knight.

Today there are totally dedicated kids channels on all day every day and a lot of it is tailor-made to sell merchandise and or is absolute lowest common denominator dreck. Not to mention the 5 minutes of ads for every 10 minutes of actual programme.

We manage to avoid most of that by sticking with DVD's, Netflix and the occasional burst of PBS. I figure as long as smallchog is getting a balance of screen time, playing with toys, playing outside, reading and interaction with people it will all work out eventually
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
I figure as long as smallchog is getting a balance of screen time, playing with toys, playing outside, reading and interaction with people it will all work out eventually
We take the same view, quite often my little one will rather play with lego or outside digging dirt, collecting pine cones etc than sit and watch TV. A balanced approach is generally the requirement for most things in life.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

My two and a half year old called me a f***er this morning.

Good morning to you too.

That's the last time I let him watch me do some DIY. Picks up words something awful.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord PercyPercy

Good morning to you too.

That's the last time I let him watch me do some DIY. Picks up words something awful.
The director at young Sir's daycare told me one of the boys came up to her and exclaimed "I didn't show my penis to anyone today!". My first thought was hoping it wasn't my child.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My kid has a hernia scar and at one point would show his "owie" to anyone else that had one. Hernia scars are not for showing. He also used to play with the scar a lot with his hand down his pants. He is 3.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of days ago my 2yr old granddaughter saw a Sikh..she said 'man hurt his head'.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A couple of days ago my 2yr old granddaughter saw a Sikh..she said 'man hurt his head'.
My son used to see ladies wearing burkhas and point out loudly 'Look! Ninja!'...
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord PercyPercy

Good morning to you too.

SmallChog said in the car yesterday "I don't want to sun in my F***ing eyes"

She also proclaimed very loudly to my friend we were meeting "My IronMan knickers cover my vulva and bum - look" and pulled up her dress to show.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Found this amusing video about the horrors of having kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwtB...ature=youtu.be