Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Old Nov 27th 2009, 5:01 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's gripe - avoid this company

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
If anyone wants to know which company this was, they can PM me. They may still do so.

That's what this thread was for - not for ill-informed, self-righteous or dim-witted individuals to stick their oar in.

This is my last contribution to this thread.

Mods, please lock it.
I disagree. Requesting the thread to be locked because you don't like the responses is juvenile. If you didn't want the debate, don't post. As you have said before....Public forum.

What you are doing is potentially Libelous. You are not informing people of all of the facts, just what you want people to hear, and then accusing the vendor of being a sheister and offering to inform one and all of their identity, thereby potentially losing them business over a misunderstanding.
To use your vernacular, that is the action of someone who is "ill-informed, self-righteous or dim-witted".

You are not out any fiduciary amount at all, so what do you really have to complain about?

Originally Posted by sonic5
But he doesn't want the free product, so it might as well be thin air.
I think you are missing the point and the basic concept of how business works and stays working.
I am very aware of how business works thank you. He has a free product of the type he wants, just not the brand. I feel confident, despite his protests, that he will enjoy the Branston beans instead of the Heinz beans he ordered. {You see what I did there, I speculated at what the product was because we are not being informed what it was}. If he doesn't want this product, then throw it away as he claims he will do, he is still not losing anything financially.
I also on occasion order product from the UK and have had the wrong thing shipped or not shipped at all. However, I order something maybe every year / year and a half because of the price. Yeah, I am a repeat customer, but my business is NOT going to make or break this company. I suspect that BG follows a similar pattern.