Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's gripe - avoid this company

If anyone wants to know which company this was, they can PM me. They may still do so.

That's what this thread was for - not for ill-informed, self-righteous or dim-witted individuals to stick their oar in.

This is my last contribution to this thread.

Mods, please lock it.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:56 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
For those who feel like commenting before being arsed to actually read the entire thread, I already said this was a packing error, not a 'substitute sent' issue.
The reason for the omission of the ordered item is largely irrelevant, and you have already been refunded for the missing item.
You're clearly trying to take advantage of the situation to save a few bucks and making yourself look like a tool in the process.

I am also amused that you have yet to tell people what the erroneous item actually was - I reckon you asked for a packet of strong mints and got xxx mints instead.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:04 am
Banned

Sonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
A company with good customer service would now send you the correct item for free
I agree and this should have happened automatically without BG36 having to ask for it.

What the less enlightened companies just don't understand, is that when faced with an unhappy customer, they are in a wonderful position to not only make more money, but show the customer how top notch of a company they are and secure that customer for the future, sometimes for life.

An unhappy, disgruntled customer is the most wonderful of sales opportunities.

Last edited by Sonic5; Nov 27th 2009 at 2:15 am.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You misunderstood my post.

I'd have thought it was obvious that that was what I meant, but anyway....
Thank you. Depending on your patronage in the past, I suppose that would be seen as good will to a long time patron. If you are a new patron, perhaps they could offer to send you 2 additional quantities of the missing item in your next order.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:09 am
Banned

Sonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Same as has been stated before, he got a refund and a free product.
But he doesn't want the free product, so it might as well be thin air.
I think you are missing the point and the basic concept of how business works and stays working.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
But you got the other stuff shipped you tool - it isn't as if they ripped you off in any way, shape, or form.
If they couldn't find brand X would you have wanted them to cancel the whole order, or ship you everything else instead (which is effectively what they did) ?
In my view, the company should have contacted BG36 and asked him what he wanted to do about the item that was not available.

Simple, easy and another opportunity to give good service.

Shame that so many people don't understand such things, which is why there are so few companies that last even a few years, never mind a generation or 100 years.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:30 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonic5
Shame that so many people don't understand such things, which is why there are so few companies that last even a few years, never mind a generation or 100 years.
I assume you work in customer service then, or are you just some patronising fool posting on an internet forum ?

The company sounds like a "Mom and Pop" type outfit. They refunded the cash immediately when prompted by the customer, who in no way lost out on the transaction.
Trying to then seek compensation is total nonsense for such a trivial issue, and if other companies where to be so "enlightened" then a lot of them shortly find themselves bankrupt.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonic5
In my view, the company should have contacted BG36 and asked him what he wanted to do about the item that was not available.

Simple, easy and another opportunity to give good service.

I fully agree. If the company had contacted him they could have saved themselves the cost of sending the unwanted items and bad feeling caused.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:13 am
Banned

I assume you work in customer service then, or are you just some patronising fool posting on an internet forum ?

The company sounds like a "Mom and Pop" type outfit. They refunded the cash immediately when prompted by the customer, who in no way lost out on the transaction.
Trying to then seek compensation is total nonsense for such a trivial issue, and if other companies where to be so "enlightened" then a lot of them shortly find themselves bankrupt.

It is clear that the point of the OP has passed you by, so there really isn't much point in you contributing to this thread, which mostly seems to be in unwarranted abrasive and insulting MO.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I fully agree. If the company had contacted him they could have saved themselves the cost of sending the unwanted items and bad feeling caused.
Not to mention the number of people to whom BG36 has spread the negative word to (online and offline), each of whom could also do the same and on and on and on....

Last edited by Sonic5; Nov 27th 2009 at 4:24 am.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I'd still love to know what the product was.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:52 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

The company sounds like a "Mom and Pop" type outfit.
Wouldn't that be more of a reason to want to keep your customers happy. When you're catering to a market that, by it's nature, involves high shipping charges it's much more important to make sure you get it right first time. Often in these situations the more you buy the less of a burden the shipping would seem (unlikely to cost twice as much to order twice as many things) so, as the owner of such a business, you might expect your customers to come to you for one specific thing they really, really want, and at the same time, buy other things that they like, just because they can. To make sure you have happy customers, you really need to make sure you pay attention to detail, and if you don't, you really don't understand your customers - and if you don't understand your customers, then you are going to fail.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:41 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone wants to know which company this was, they can PM me. They may still do so.

That's what this thread was for - not for ill-informed, self-righteous or dim-witted individuals to stick their oar in.

This is my last contribution to this thread.

Mods, please lock it.
You sound like one of those people that lost money with Bernie Madoff.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I repeat my request for the thread to be locked please.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by neil
Wouldn't that be more of a reason to want to keep your customers happy. When you're catering to a market that, by it's nature, involves high shipping charges it's much more important to make sure you get it right first time. Often in these situations the more you buy the less of a burden the shipping would seem (unlikely to cost twice as much to order twice as many things) so, as the owner of such a business, you might expect your customers to come to you for one specific thing they really, really want, and at the same time, buy other things that they like, just because they can. To make sure you have happy customers, you really need to make sure you pay attention to detail, and if you don't, you really don't understand your customers - and if you don't understand your customers, then you are going to fail.

I fully agree. Missed opportunity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.