Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's gripe - avoid this company

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
I think it would have been better customer service for them to have sent you the item you wanted and for them to absorb the shipping, but I don't think they are obliged to do that.
No, they're perhaps not obligated, but something tells me the OP's not going to want to order from them again, and I don't blame him. The companies that really distinguish themselves are the ones that go out of their way to make things right when something is wrong. That's how loyalty is won.

Bottomline, he didn't get what he ordered, and he would incur additional cost to get the right item at no fault of his own. I'd be miffed too.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 4:09 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
No.

I want a refund for the cost of ordering brand X, including shipping of that item only. What I've got is the cost of ordering brand X, excluding shipping.

That is all.
To clarify, you got the cost of ordering brand X, and you have the brand Y item free of charge.

I still thinking you're whining over nothing. You got a free item even if you didn't get the particular brand of the item you wanted.

I feel that it probably would not have stopped you ordering the rest of the items if that 1 item had not been available anyway [although I'm sure you'll disagree]. And I would wager that the difference in shipping [let's say] 9 items instead of 10 would have either been negligible or nothing at all. If the later, why would you still feel entitled to a partial refund of the shipping.

To put this in perspective, why don't you tell the good people of this site exactly what the incorrect item was. if you ordered a Ford vehicle and were shipped a Kia, I can see your point, but if you order Walkers crisps and got a bag of Monster munch, then seriously shut up and go and find some kids playing ball in the street to shout at.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:45 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for you to enlighten us as to the items you bought and were so rudely deprived off. This will allow us to better determine if you have been so heinously aggrieved of your fundamental human rights or if you really are just a whiny windbag...
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Still waiting for you to enlighten us as to the items you bought and were so rudely deprived off. This will allow us to better determine if you have been so heinously aggrieved of your fundamental human rights or if you really are just a whiny windbag...
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:58 pm
Pedantic Moron

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Seriously, what's your problem with my question?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:44 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Complaining about poor customer service is not the same as being a whiny windbag - it's irrelevant what the item is, I'd be pissed off too.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:59 pm
Pedantic Moron

Originally Posted by neil
Complaining about poor customer service is not the same as being a whiny windbag - it's irrelevant what the item is, I'd be pissed off too.
Same as has been stated before, he got a refund and a free product. Just because they didn't hop to it and do what he wants doesn't make their customer service poor. Complaining about it does however make a person whiny.

The item in question is not irrelevant. As I indicated, the size of the damage should be proportional to the amount of annoyance. Are you seriously telling me you would be "pissed" if we were discussing getting 11 eggs instead of a dozen in a container from say the supermarket, enough to post on a forum and call the supplier who made what is tantamount to an innocent error a "Bunch of shiesters"? To allow us to draw our own conclusions, we should be provided with all the info, not spoon fed what people believe to be "only relevant info".

Last edited by Michelmas; Nov 27th 2009 at 12:11 am.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Your comments were unnecessary.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:17 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

No.

I want a refund for the cost of ordering brand X, including shipping of that item only. What I've got is the cost of ordering brand X, excluding shipping.

That is all.
But you got the other stuff shipped you tool - it isn't as if they ripped you off in any way, shape, or form.
If they couldn't find brand X would you have wanted them to cancel the whole order, or ship you everything else instead (which is effectively what they did) ?
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:21 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Your comments were unnecessary.
Actually they were completely justified.
It's all about opinions, isn't it.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No.

That is all.

Ahhh not being reasonable now are you. If you ordered multiple items and they were shipped in one box then how are they to calculate what the shipping cost for that one item was?

Unless you ordered something so heavy that the shipping cost for that item would have been valued at 50% of the total shipping charge, you shouldn't be entitled to anything back on the shipping.

Now if you were telling us that you only ordered the one item and then you would be entitled to shipping charges to be refunded.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

You misunderstood my post.

I obviously don't want a refund for the proportion (by either weight or cost) of the shipping relating the incorrect goods, as per my original order. That would be silly.

What I wanted is a refund for the total cost of a new order, the item in question plus shipping of the new order. I would be asking to receive the correct item without being out of pocket myself.

I'd have thought it was obvious that that was what I meant, but anyway....
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
a) But you got the other stuff shipped you tool

b) If they couldn't find brand X would you have wanted them to cancel the whole order, or ship you everything else instead (which is effectively what they did) ?
a) If you can't comprehend what's going on, I suggest you don't participate in public forums, where such comments make you look like a moron.

b) Yes of course I would have wanted the order cancelled....or at the absolute minimum I would want to be consulted before an item was changed. With the costs of shipping involved, it's the least the company should have done.

For those who feel like commenting before being arsed to actually read the entire thread, I already said this was a packing error, not a 'substitute sent' issue.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:53 am
Thinking about it

I'd have thought it was obvious that that was what I meant, but anyway....
It is not that obvious, because your wishes are completely unreasonable.
You sound like a freeloading moucher - are you a jock ?
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Same as has been stated before, he got a refund and a free product. Just because they didn't hop to it and do what he wants doesn't make their customer service poor. Complaining about it does however make a person whiny.
I have no interest in debating this issue further with you, as you are being stupid.

End of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.