Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Today is not a good day

Today is not a good day

Old Mar 22nd 2019, 7:34 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Today is not a good day

On the 11th I decided to restock my supply of pork pies. Went to Parkers web site ordered pork pies, Cornish pasties and sausages. On checking out saw a note the due to changes made by Fed Ex Parkers can only dispatch to the west coast on Mondays now as it takes four days in transit and the order cannot be in transit over a weekend, so steeled myself for the wait. Sure enough last Monday get a email to say order is on its way. This morning track my box and find it is still in bloody Idaho and will be delivered next Tuesday. So 8 days in transit and over a weekend.

Not only will the food be ruined but it seems that Parkers cannot be relied upon to get food to the west coast anymore, unless at great expense of 2nd day air. Both a catastrophe.
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 8:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today is not a good day

Originally Posted by lansbury
On the 11th I decided to restock my supply of pork pies. Went to Parkers web site ordered pork pies, Cornish pasties and sausages. On checking out saw a note the due to changes made by Fed Ex Parkers can only dispatch to the west coast on Mondays now as it takes four days in transit and the order cannot be in transit over a weekend, so steeled myself for the wait. Sure enough last Monday get a email to say order is on its way. This morning track my box and find it is still in bloody Idaho and will be delivered next Tuesday. So 8 days in transit and over a weekend.

Not only will the food be ruined but it seems that Parkers cannot be relied upon to get food to the west coast anymore, unless at great expense of 2nd day air. Both a catastrophe.

Are they using "Smart Post"? If so, it's anything but. FedEx has the package sent somewhere, which takes a few days, then the regular post office takes it from there and takes just as long, if not longer, than if the package had just been put in the post in the first place. I have had two deliveries of Harry and David's pears go bad that way, due to being 8 or so days in shipping (not to mention being tossed around). I've given up trying to get the pears.

Old Mar 22nd 2019, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Are they using "Smart Post"? If so, it's anything but. FedEx has the package sent somewhere, which takes a few days, then the regular post office takes it from there and takes just as long, if not longer, than if the package had just been put in the post in the first place. I have had two deliveries of Harry and David's pears go bad that way, due to being 8 or so days in shipping (not to mention being tossed around). I've given up trying to get the pears.
UPS's version of it is just as bad, its silly really. Amazon sent me something to Pt. Roberts, WA from Baltimore by UPS Surepost, took 8 days to get to Seattle where it was handed to the USPS, then only took 1 day to be delivered. Had Amazon even just sent it by regular 1st class mail, it would have only taken 3 days, Surepost and Smart Post suck.

Seems if the food is perishable it would be sent overnight service by air.
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 9:44 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Are they using "Smart Post"?
I don't think so looking at the tracking info it seems to be on the normal Fed EX cross country truck.

Old Mar 22nd 2019, 10:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think so looking at the tracking info it seems to be on the normal Fed EX cross country truck.
I would call your pie people now and have them start again. They aren't even meeting their own delivery standards, and that seems slow even for FedEx ground. Also, it might not say Smart Post until the moment of handoff.

Old Mar 23rd 2019, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Rule #1. Don't mess with an English man's pies!
What on earth were they thinking?I blame Brexit and Trump for this disaster.

You need to write a very strong worded letter to the Times about this. People that love pies cannot be treated this way.

I hope you get this sorted and there is no national pie disaster day posted again!
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Or Scotsman's.
Or anyone's.
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 6:03 pm

I would call your pie people now and have them start again. They aren't even meeting their own delivery standards, and that seems slow even for FedEx ground. Also, it might not say Smart Post until the moment of handoff.
I've tried contacting Parkers but got no response from them, which I am surprised about. To add insult to injury the parcel arrived at our local distribution depot last night and foolishly I had ideas that it might get delivered today. No such luck is has been left sitting in the depot to spoil, still showing a Tuesday delivery.

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
What on earth were they thinking?I blame Brexit and Trump for this disaster.

You need to write a very strong worded letter to the Times about this. People that love pies cannot be treated this way.

I hope you get this sorted and there is no national pie disaster day posted again!
They haven't heard the last of this I shall defend my pies to my last breath.

But seriously the point of my OP was to warn the assembled throng that do use Parkers and live out west, that unfortunately the reliability of the deliveries cannot be counted on anymore.

Old Mar 24th 2019, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

That really sucks. I had about 7 days delivery after it got held up. To my surprises, the food was still frozen.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by tom169
That really sucks. I had about 7 days delivery after it got held up. To my surprises, the food was still frozen.
Thanks Tom that gives me hope. I’ve heard from Parkers and they told me what temperature to check for in the box, and if it hasn’t reached 42f it should be good. But to check each item as well to make sure it isn’t warm.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 11:51 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Did your order arrive? Was anything still cold enough to be edible? Am I a day early in asking thus question?
Old Mar 26th 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Did your order arrive? Was anything still cold enough to be edible? Am I a day early in asking thus question?
No it didn’t arrive today. It spent all day sitting in our local distribution center in Troutdale. It got to Troutdale Friday afternoon so other than the fact Fed Ex changed the delivery date from the 22nd to the 26th, there was no reason it couldn’t have been delivered today (25th).

If Tom’s was still cold after 7 days I hoping one more day will be OK this time of year.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 2:31 am

Thanks Tom that gives me hope. I’ve heard from Parkers and they told me what temperature to check for in the box, and if it hasn’t reached 42f it should be good. But to check each item as well to make sure it isn’t warm.
So did you assert yourself? Will they replace them for you if the food is spoiled?
Old Mar 26th 2019, 5:55 am

So did you assert yourself? Will they replace them for you if the food is spoiled?
Yes Parkers will replace what has to be thrown away, or give a refund. Not sure which way to go if I get them replaced they can't dispatch until next Monday, and then might have same problem again. Parkers don't say on their website what Fed Ex changed that makes it only possible to send to the west coast and Nevada on Mondays.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 11:58 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

RIP(ie)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.