Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Tips on flying with a 14 month old to the UK please.

Tips on flying with a 14 month old to the UK please.

Old May 15th 2017, 3:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips on flying with a 14 month old to the UK please.

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Oh Sugarmooma, I saw your thread and all I could think was "thank god, I don't have to do this anymore"!! I really couldn't think of anything positive to say, it was all such hard work flying with babes, most of it on my own. Sorry.

Anyhoooo, saw this, the is morning and thought it looked like a good idea. Wouldn't mind one myself tbh. I don't get to fly anything other than economy so I've never had one of those lovely seats that converts to a bed.
https://www.flylegsup.com/
Interesting. Although it says for use 2yrs or older...

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Don't. They're useless. We got one last year and daughter used it on her trip to the UK. Tried it about 3 times and gave up. Faff to set up, not that comfortable and only practical if in the window seat as it's awkward to move for others to get passed.
....and the first review is not good!!

In theory it sounds and looks like a great idea but I guess after MP's daughter has been our guinea pig I think we will pass.

Now if you can figure a way for us to fly first class
Old May 17th 2017, 7:52 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Ahem..
Old May 27th 2017, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If I remember correctly the flying time from Houston to London is approx 10 hrs. She will probably sleep most of the time on the red eye. For the return journey I would make sure she has plenty of her favourite toys to keep her amused. A plentiful supply of her favourite snacks will also keep her occupied for a while. At that age my granddaughter loved Goldfish. She had a plastic Goldfish container and loved to keep opening it...taking out a cracker and closing it again. Walking her up and down the aisles will keep her occupied and help burn off some of her energy...yours too.

Make sure mum has a change of clothes for herself as well as the little one...just in case.

Edit: Dry Cheerios in a Tupperware container are another godsend that keeps my granddaughter occupied and makes her a happy bunny.
This my husband found out the hard way....

Have fun, SM and yes it's very good that there are four of you to play pass the baby, it will be a great trip!
Old May 28th 2017, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Teckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Interesting. Although it says for use 2yrs or older...

....and the first review is not good!!

In theory it sounds and looks like a great idea but I guess after MP's daughter has been our guinea pig I think we will pass.

Oh there is a way. Just call up the airline; they might even waive the ticket change fee for an upgrade sometimes, as long as you pay the fare difference....😜