timing is everything...

Wikiposts

timing is everything...

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:03 am
Just Joined

durge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default timing is everything...

hi everyone,

thank you for your help in previous posts!

my next questions are.....
1.a. how long is the application process from start to finish (roughly) for an american being sponsored by a uk partner (me!). we have a target date to be back in the UK summer 2014 so any ideas as to when we should start the process. i did it to come to the usa and it took almost a year start to finish with all the legal stuff...
1.b. when can he start looking for a job - once he's landed? (not to get ahead of ourselves here but just to know, and i mean this based on his application going through and stuff before he gets there)

2. will he be ok to use the nhs once he starts working in the uk? again he'll be sponsored by me as my partner and will work. is there a thread about this someone could point me to please?

thanks all!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:36 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timing is everything...

Originally Posted by durge
hi everyone,

thank you for your help in previous posts!

1.a. how long is the application process from start to finish (roughly) for an american being sponsored by a uk partner (me!). we have a target date to be back in the UK summer 2014 so any ideas as to when we should start the process. i did it to come to the usa and it took almost a year start to finish with all the legal stuff...
1.b. when can he start looking for a job - once he's landed? (not to get ahead of ourselves here but just to know, and i mean this based on his application going through and stuff before he gets there)

2. will he be ok to use the nhs once he starts working in the uk? again he'll be sponsored by me as my partner and will work. is there a thread about this someone could point me to please?

thanks all!!!
Are you married?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:55 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durge

You're talking about the spouse/partner settlement visa, correct?

1.a. See this page for processing times for US-based applicants. Look at the bottom for "Settlement Visas":
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...ultTableAnchor

More info on applying for the spouse/partner visa:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...e=UK%20English

1.b. If the spouse partner settlement visa is approved, he will have full permission to work in the UK once he has entered & been stamped in. (Note: Don't let him enter the UK via Dublin. His spouse visa must be stamped & they don't do that in Dublin, which has caused problems for some.)

2. Yes, he will be entitled to the NHS from the time he enters, job or no.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:44 am
Just Joined

durge is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you so much!!!!!!