Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Time Traveller's Wife trailer....

Time Traveller's Wife trailer....

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time Traveller's Wife trailer....

Originally Posted by Marmalade
"Pillars of the Earth" was recommended to me by a friend. May have to give that one a bypass then.............yes, I agree about Oprah's book club. Some of the recommendations are just not something I would want to read
I volunteer at our library store and an old guy came in and went on for ages about how wonderful this book was - now this seems really creepy
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:14 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i liked pillars of the earth. I must have just skimmed over any graphic bits as i dont remember them ? (but also have a memory like a sieve).
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

You don't remember William repeatedly and brutally raping Aliena? The 1 star reviews on Amazon.com speak of many reader's disgust with this trash.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
my friend recomended the book - so i was already interested - but im really interested after seeing that trailer!

I couldn't get into the book either.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
"Pillars of the Earth" was recommended to me by a friend. May have to give that one a bypass then.............yes, I agree about Oprah's book club. Some of the recommendations are just not something I would want to read

I have that one in my desk as well and I don't care for it. Got through 3 chapters and called it quits.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I have that one in my desk as well and I don't care for it. Got through 3 chapters and called it quits.
My favorite time-travel story of all time: A Sound of Thunder, short story by Ray Bradbury. I read that story as a pre-teen and was fascinated! I love Ray Bradbury!

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:06 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Looked for the book when I was out the other day, couldn't find it, may take a trip to Borders or order it online, ironically i'm reading "Pillars of the Earth" right now, and have given up just over half way, think it's one of those books you just have to be in the mood for Will probably pick it up again when the kids go back to school.
I also love to read the book before I watch the movie!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:35 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewey
If you're into time travel read Doctor Who FFS. It's the same with that POS Ken Follett and his horrible books. 'Pillars of the earth' has ridiculously graphic rape scenes that are totally unnecessary to the plot. The contrast with good modern writers of the medieval period like Sharon Kay Penman is startling. Oprah's bloody book club has a lot to answer for.
I find that interesting my husband read pillars of the earth and he found it gripping, he wanted me to read it but he said "I don't think you will like some of it, especially the rape bit!" he knows my sensibilities.
then he said by the end of the book he was glad what happened to them???
just questioned him about the rape bit, he said its horrific! "if you read the book H skip past, but a brilliant book."
I like Ken Follett as he is one of the few writers male or female who has strong/weak females he really seems to get women, I never read a book and think his female are 2 dimensional, they can be evil, horrific,brave, afraid, loving or all of these in one!
that said I did have a ken WW2 overload last year and stopped reading him as I was bored with the whole WW2 stories! but I will revisit, and not the pillars of the Earth