Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Tick Tock the days down - Sugarmooma gets to retire !

Tick Tock the days down - Sugarmooma gets to retire !

Old Dec 20th 2019, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tick Tock the days down - Sugarmooma gets to retire !

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
One more day!
You should be done now! Congratulations! I am very happy for you
Old Dec 20th 2019, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Elvis has left the building! And is at home with feet up drinking a cup of tea.

I already feel less stressed, and more relaxed. Let the next adventure begin.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 11:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Elvis has left the building! And is at home with feet up drinking a cup of tea.

So it does. All the very best to you and M.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 2:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

It was the weirdest moment today handing in my badge and keys and knowing I wouldn't be returning on Monday or being called in on Saturday. Strange feeling. Kind of nice but still a bit weird.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 2:17 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

It was the weirdest moment today handing in my badge and keys and knowing I wouldn't be returning on Monday or being called in on Saturday. Strange feeling. Kind of nice but still a bit weird.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 2:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations mate Yes, it's a bit weird knowing you won't be back and if your experience is anything like mine you'll miss it for a while. Not the bad bits or the stressful bits, but just being part of a working world you no longer belong to. I got over it fairly quickly though! You'll have so many things to do that you'll wonder how you ever had time to work
Old Dec 21st 2019, 9:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Congratulations mate Yes, it's a bit weird knowing you won't be back and if your experience is anything like mine you'll miss it for a while. Not the bad bits or the stressful bits, but just being part of a working world you no longer belong to. I got over it fairly quickly though! You'll have so many things to do that you'll wonder how you ever had time to work
That's very true, as soon as I retired we were busy sorting the house, putting it on the market, and getting ready to move to Spain, hoiuse completed one day and we were off to our place in Spain the next day, furniture had been packed and sent, the rest was at the local auction house, and we spent our last night in the UK in a B&B in Lincoln.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 10:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
That's very true, as soon as I retired we were busy sorting the house, putting it on the market, and getting ready to move to Spain, hoiuse completed one day and we were off to our place in Spain the next day, furniture had been packed and sent, the rest was at the local auction house, and we spent our last night in the UK in a B&B in Lincoln.
What a whirlwind!
Old Dec 21st 2019, 10:36 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the great escape!
Old Dec 21st 2019, 11:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Congratulations on the great escape!
Monday will feel a bit odd, you will wake up at your normal work time, but then the realisation that you don't actually have to get up and got to work clicks in, and it feels so weird. Enjoy a long and happy retirement.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your paid work retirement. Now be sure that you don't retire from life!
Old Dec 21st 2019, 9:45 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Which includes:-

trying to remember which day of the week it is, as they are now all the same.

not having to wear a watch

making all appointments for after 11am so you don't need to set the alarm clock.

telling the cashier at the store when you buy wine and she asks "are you having a party", you are retired and are just going to sit in the sun and chill.

Old Dec 21st 2019, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

You will come to hate weekends. Too many places are closed and the working stiffs make for annoying crowds.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 10:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I was looking for some fancy animated gif for this but cannot find one.

Happy happy retirement love
Bring on 2020.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 8:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Same here, 2 weeks after retiring we arrived in Budapest - for good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.