Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The things people DO at Walmart

The things people DO at Walmart

Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:57 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default The things people DO at Walmart

We've all seen the website of similar name...Mrs IP began working at the local WM a few months ago and about every evening comes back with horror stories. She works in apparel so most is related to that:

1- They found a bra in the changing room. Evidently someone needed a clean one, as the one left behind was black from dirt, with an oily crust. The employees would not touch it and finally a janitor picked it up using a plastic Hazardous Waste bag. Shoplifting cuz you need one is nothing new, but because your bra is too dirty?

2- A threadbare, used bra (must be a women's thing), left hanging up on a hanger amongst the other bras. You shoplift one, yet feel the compulsion to hang up the other one so you don't get busted?

3- Marauding bands of teenagers who take 30 shirts off of racks, unfold them and throw them on the floors. Evidently, this Walmart's security dept is one 75 y/o retired dude who does nothing. No rent-a-cop up front to intimidate the local white trash, no nothing. The kids are allowed to run free until they get bored and go home.

4- Three carts per hour (Friday nights) of items left at check out that need to be returned to the shelves. I understand being bad at basic math, but come on!

5- A pot roast found under the seat of the fitting room...been there a day or two(?). OK, you suddenly had to try on a shirt, decided to take the roast and while inside figured out that you didn't have enough $$, so you hid the roast under the seat because you were too embarrassed to take it back?
Old Oct 28th 2010, 11:28 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The things people DO at Walmart

I can sort of understand #2 - they track how many things you take into the room so you have to take an equal number of things out. Some fitting room attendants are better at monitoring this than others.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ironporer
5- A pot roast found under the seat of the fitting room...been there a day or two(?). OK, you suddenly had to try on a shirt, decided to take the roast and while inside figured out that you didn't have enough $$, so you hid the roast under the seat because you were too embarrassed to take it back?
It's quite possible the shopper put it there while trying on clothes, and forgot it. I'm disgusted that the cleaning crews didn't find it sooner, or even the associates working the changing rooms, who presumably are supposed to check the rooms occasionally for left items.

I don't know why anyone would shop for highly perishable food first and clothes second, but people can be strange.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:07 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work at Marks and Sparks when I was a teen and every week we would have at LEAST one pair of used shoes left on a shelf - the assumption being the offender had wandered off with the new pair on. (M&S unlike most shoe stores left both shoes for the customer to self serve). They were never badly hit in the changing rooms as they manned these and checked all bra boxes going in and out for contents etc.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:39 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

urgh god, poor Mrs IP!!!!!

How does a bra get THAT dirty??!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:07 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

#4 reminds me of a woman who decided to get inline at the 10-items limit express checkout with a near half full cart..... when it was her turn, the cashier looked at her and said "Which 10 items would you like to buy?.."
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:13 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
#4 reminds me of a woman who decided to get inline at the 10-items limit express checkout with a near half full cart..... when it was her turn, the cashier looked at her and said "Which 10 items would you like to buy?.."
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
urgh god, poor Mrs IP!!!!!

How does a bra get THAT dirty??!!!!!
Oily crust
Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:22 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
I would love to see that. I have been in such lines with people ahead of me with 40+ items, and the cashier says nothing.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:50 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see that. I have been in such lines with people ahead of me with 40+ items, and the cashier says nothing.
When I was a kid working as a bagger at our local Grocery (Schnucks) we had a situation once where all the open lanes had lines except, for some reason, the 10 items or less lane, which had no line. A lady pulled in with a cart piled high and the cashier told her to go to one of the non express lanes. The lady started throwing a fit, saying that since the lane was currently empty the cashier should ring her out as she wouldn't be holding anyone else up. The cashier stuck to her guns until the woman called the manager over and accused the cashier of being a racist, threatened to call the NAACP etc... at which point the manager caved and made us run her through.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:22 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Or perhaps they never actually planned to buy the pot roast and found it didn't fit?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

A co worker of my husband's who is a super fit trail runner almost got beaten up by a morbidly obese woman in Walmart. All because he wanted to use the motorized scooter thingy having just had knee surgery, and she claimed her need was much greater.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celticgrid
Or perhaps they never actually planned to buy the pot roast and found it didn't fit?
Probably stuffing items in their clothes to steal and ran out of room. My husband used to do part time security at a supermarket, it's a popualr way to steal meat.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:56 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Probably stuffing items in their clothes to steal and ran out of room. My husband used to do part time security at a supermarket, it's a popualr way to steal meat.
i remember the shoplifter who was caught because they fainted because they had stuffed various frozen pieces of food down their clothes.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:18 pm
Maño-Americano

Mrs. IP was called to customer service to restock a cart full of returns. They were almost done when they came across a pair of women's panties...stained heavily she said with fresh poo. I always thought undergarments were non returnable...even if that is not the case couldn't the CS dep't have told the woman that sh*t stained knickers were not acceptable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.