Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

text notifications from SMS/theDX

text notifications from SMS/theDX

Old Sep 30th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default text notifications from SMS/theDX

I have sent my documents to embassy using SMS, i havent recieved any text messages when it was delivered. I was able to call them up and ask if the package was delivered.

Now my question is did you guys who got the Passport delivered by SMS from US embassy, get any text message the day before or on the day of delivery regarding the delivery.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all
Default Re: text notifications from SMS/theDX

Originally Posted by sudha
I have sent my documents to embassy using SMS, i havent recieved any text messages when it was delivered. I was able to call them up and ask if the package was delivered.

Now my question is did you guys who got the Passport delivered by SMS from US embassy, get any text message the day before or on the day of delivery regarding the delivery.
No. Courier just turned up.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

triptastic is on a distinguished road

I was due to have my passport returned yesterday and received no text beforehand. I wasn't at my desk and mobile number wasn't tried so I had to arrange a re-delivery. Passport arrived today and no text beforehand again - courier just turned up as per paul_79.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.... now the waiting begins.... till now I was checking the phone every few minutes to see if I got any text. Guess I dont need to do that anymore.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

You can check online here: http://www.thedx.co.uk/customerservi...vhelp/booking/ FWIW, I got a text.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

orudge is on a distinguished road

I got a text the day before; passport arrived as expected the following day.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

arcadium is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a text notification, but SMS aren't renounded for being particularly efficient. I've heard some really bad things about them. And my package arrived late anyway. I paid extra for before 12:00, and at 12:00, nothing. I phoned them, and by 12:15 a bloke in a faded red Vauxhall Corsa came flying round the corner.

I'm sure your documents got there just fine though, and good luck with your application :-D
Old Oct 15th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

ianturton is an unknown quantity at this point

No - courier just turned up at 7.58 (allegedly we were out as of 7.55) after I'd paid an extra 25 pounds for the before 8 service. Apparently that fee only entitles you to one try at delivery and you need to pay it again to get another go the next day.

Note you can call 01604 782898 to sort things out if you'd like to avoid the premium phone number the courier leaves.

Does any one know who we can complain to at the embassy about the shoddy courier service that Secure Mail Services Ltd provide?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianturton
Does any one know who we can complain to at the embassy about the shoddy courier service that Secure Mail Services Ltd provide?
What makes you think it's an Embassy problem? Once the Embassy gives them the package, they can safely wash their hands of the situation. Sounds more like a problem with the courier service... blame them, if you're looking for someone to blame.

Ian
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

ianturton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What makes you think it's an Embassy problem? Once the Embassy gives them the package, they can safely wash their hands of the situation. Sounds more like a problem with the courier service... blame them, if you're looking for someone to blame.

Ian
But sadly the embassy have awarded a monopoly contract to this one man and his van opperation so I have no choice but to deal with them every time I renew my visa.

Ian