Texas weather rant

Old Dec 19th 2012, 2:46 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texas weather rant

Seriously, when is it going to cool down?!?!?!?!?!

It shouldn't be this hot 6 days before Christmas. It's just plain wrong!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 2:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Texas weather rant

Originally Posted by Bink

You wanted to move and live in the USA, so suck it up..
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:00 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink

It's supposed to snow up here tomorrow. Not trying to rub it in or anything
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:06 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You wanted to move and live in the USA, so suck it up..
Seriously, when is it going to cool down?!?!?!?!?! It shouldn't be this hot 6 days before Christmas. It's just plain wrong!

OK, now say it to me.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you know what they say:

"If you don't like the weather in Texas, go back to where you came from."
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:15 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Was talking to a guy when we were skiiing in Colorado over Thanksgiving. He was originally from Alabama, married to a lass from San Antonio. Reckoned he had an epiphany a few years back when he realized it was wrong to be wearing shorts on Christmas Day and not be cold....they decided there and then to move to Colorado and never looked back!
So on yer bike mate!

Anyway, we had 3 nights of frost last week. It was so bad I even had to lag my sprinkler non-return valve with an old cushion. That was winter. I checked the school website each morning to see if we school was still open
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:32 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I keep having to muck around with the a/c from cooling to heating and back. It won't do both.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:42 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's supposed to snow up here tomorrow. Not trying to rub it in or anything
Pah!
Well, you know what they say:

"If you don't like the weather in Texas, go back to where you came from."
Pah, again!

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Was talking to a guy when we were skiiing in Colorado over Thanksgiving. He was originally from Alabama, married to a lass from San Antonio. Reckoned he had an epiphany a few years back when he realized it was wrong to be wearing shorts on Christmas Day and not be cold....they decided there and then to move to Colorado and never looked back!
So on yer bike mate!

Anyway, we had 3 nights of frost last week. It was so bad I even had to lag my sprinkler non-return valve with an old cushion. That was winter. I checked the school website each morning to see if we school was still open
Unfortunately, not much work for me in Colorado!

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
I keep having to muck around with the a/c from cooling to heating and back. It won't do both.
I thought mine did but although it lists both an upper and lower on the schedule, it still can only be set to heat or cool it appears...!

If it could cool down just 15 degrees or so I'd be happy! It was 80 yesterday for God's sake and today's not looking much better.

It's mainly because I've been in the UK for 3 weeks and was used to having cold weather in the run up to Christmas.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:31 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Us too, I think that Nest thingymebob does both, I would have one if we didn't need to buy 2 and the hole behind the old ones would probably need patched!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Heating? You really need heating in Texas?!

Only had the heating on twice since we moved here 15 months ago Sadly still have the A/C on....although that will be going off soon as it's dropping from 80 to 40 in the next couple of days!!! Brrrr I will have to dig out the jumpers!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:40 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Heating? You really need heating in Texas?!

Only had the heating on twice since we moved here 15 months ago Sadly still have the A/C on....although that will be going off soon as it's dropping from 80 to 40 in the next couple of days!!! Brrrr I will have to dig out the jumpers!
40? That's t-shirt weather
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

40? That's t-shirt weather
LOL I used to think that, but sadly I think I have turned into a soft southerner as we used to say back in the UK
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:48 pm
I have a comma problem

LOL I used to think that, but sadly I think I have turned into a soft southerner as we used to say back in the UK
Meh.

I'm the opposite - can't take hot weather. However, I never could, not that we got much hot weather in the UK, summer of 1989 notwithstanding ...
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Meh.

I'm the opposite - can't take hot weather. However, I never could, not that we got much hot weather in the UK, summer of 1989 notwithstanding ...
I am one extreme to the other, love hot weather and love snow! Just hate rain, especially that rubbish English drizzle

I do not recall 1989 being anything special....but I was only 12! I do remember 2003 being especially hot, but I was heavily pregnant then had a newborn to try and keep cool....now A/C would have come in handy then!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:41 pm
I have a comma problem

I am one extreme to the other, love hot weather and love snow! Just hate rain, especially that rubbish English drizzle

I do not recall 1989 being anything special....but I was only 12! I do remember 2003 being especially hot, but I was heavily pregnant then had a newborn to try and keep cool....now A/C would have come in handy then!
I was only 10 so I remember little as well, but I do remember it being talked about in later years as being one of the hotter ones since 1976. I think it hit 30C in Belfast that year - pretty much unheard of.

I like the rain, the only time drizzle annoys me is when I'm driving because it's always too light for my wipers and they make that awful scraping sound.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.