Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Texas Synagogue Hostages Taken by a Brit

Texas Synagogue Hostages Taken by a Brit

Old Jan 17th 2022, 3:02 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Texas Synagogue Hostages Taken by a Brit

Originally Posted by tom169 View Post
Glad he was taken out. Texas doesn't screw around.
From the news it looks like “Texas” could not take care of it…..

”By around 9 p.m. the F.B.I.’s elite hostage rescue team, which had flown in from Virginia, breached the building and rescued the three remaining hostages, Chief Miller said at the news conference.”
Old Jan 17th 2022, 3:27 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

From what the hostage taker had reportedly said, it was suicide by cop. Still some contradiction over the three later hostages, were they released or rescued.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jan 17th 2022 at 4:07 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Seems one hostage was released earlier, the other three were rescued once the perp was killed. Or the hostages were able to run out when they saw an open chance -- that was by another report I read.

It seems crazy.I guess he, the hostage taker, thought jewish hostages might have been a good choice? Not sure that makes sense if he actually did do all of this to release the terrorist Dr. held in prison.

Not very coherent. It's very Good the hostages were kept uninjured and released. Trauma for them no doubt, very bad.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 4:11 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​Didn't take long for the race card.
Its almost cute, to think that the race card would need introducing. That it would not be present at the very moment that it is heard, that a gunman who was Muslim had acted.
It was about 5 hours earlier that I deleted a link in this thread, because of the obscene racism of the comments, that flowed from the link.

Old Jan 17th 2022, 4:23 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Nand View Post
Seems one hostage was released earlier, the other three were rescued once the perp was killed. Or the hostages were able to run out when they saw an open chance -- that was by another report I read..
Its not in doubt that the first hostage was released, there is conflicting claims about the last three.
Originally Posted by Nand View Post
It seems crazy.I guess he, the hostage taker, thought jewish hostages might have been a good choice? Not sure that makes sense if he actually did do all of this to release the terrorist Dr. held in prison.
He wanted himself and the person whose release he sought, to die. That was his plan, for them to both die.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht View Post
From the news it looks like “Texas” could not take care of it…..

”By around 9 p.m. the F.B.I.’s elite hostage rescue team, which had flown in from Virginia, breached the building and rescued the three remaining hostages, Chief Miller said at the news conference.”
Makes sense that the feds would get involved. Surprised it was from that far out of state though.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Its almost cute, to think that the race card would need introducing. That it would not be present at the very moment that it is heard, that a gunman who was Muslim had acted.
It was about 5 hours earlier that I deleted a link in this thread, because of the obscene racism of the comments, that flowed from the link.
Not seen such link. Not read any racism on here. Just I think it detracts from the severity of this to impose hypotheticals based on race. That's me done with this thread.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 4:43 pm
He/him

Not seen such link. Not read any racism on here. Just I think it detracts from the severity of this to impose hypotheticals based on race. That's me done with this thread.
You didnt see it, because it was deleted (as mentioned in post #5). The comments flowed from the link, not in this thread. The "Blackburn Muslim Community" took down their own post, and is no longer viewable, even with a link. Though I did include a quote from it in this thread..

Last edited by kimilseung; Jan 17th 2022 at 4:47 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 5:33 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Its not in doubt that the first hostage was released, there is conflicting claims about the last three.
According to the rabbi held hostage they escaped https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60027351
What happened after that is not clear, but the perpetrator did have a gun and we don't know what his actions after the escape were.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 5:38 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
According to the rabbi held hostage they escaped https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60027351
What happened after that is not clear, but the perpetrator did have a gun and we don't know what his actions after the escape were.
Thanks for that link, that makes sense of why I was hearing two conflicting stories, though neither was actually correct.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/rabbi-...tage-crisis/#x

Last edited by kimilseung; Jan 17th 2022 at 5:43 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 6:09 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

The brother is — like all of us, I would think — questioning how the perpetrator got into the US, as he had a criminal record, was unstable, and known to the authorities. Get ready for enhanced examinations at the POE.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 7:38 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, or depressing, that you’re not interested in amicable discussion of an important topic in the news.