Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Tesco ban on shoppers in pyjamas

Wikiposts

Tesco ban on shoppers in pyjamas

Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tesco ban on shoppers in pyjamas

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
When one has children, I can understand the need to wear pj's to bed. I can imagine embarassing moments if DD/DS comes into your room sick one night and finds you in your birthday suit. So I'm living it up while we're still kid-less.

So my question is: what's the difference between jogging/sweat pants and lounge-style pj pants? Some people do wear sweat pants to bed, so really wants the diff between wearing one or the other to a store?
If I see someone in joggers/sweat pants in the store, I would just think...they wanted to be 'comfy', but if I see someone wearing PJ's, I think...lazy buggers!

Last edited by Englishtart; Jan 29th 2010 at 4:02 am.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:14 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Englishtart
If I see someone in joggers/sweat pants in the store, I would just think...they wanted to be 'comfy', but if I see someone weraing PJ's, I think...lazy buggers!
I sleep in a full suit and trousers, do you think they will notice by bed head hair and kick me out if I go in?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
I sleep in a full suit and trousers, do you think they will notice by bed head hair and kick me out if I go in?
So long as you don't wear your slippers you should be fine
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:57 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

The "lady" in question.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ress-code.html
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by ukintexas
She looks a lot better dressed than a lot of wally world customers
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Good.

could Wally World be next ?
Let's hope so.

If people can't even be bothered to get dressed before they leave the house in the morning it really doesn't put them in a very good light in my eyes.

Peoples fashion sense speaks volumes about the person before they open their mouth...

When I see a person in a suit I think something like "businessman" or "the defendant", but it's an attempt to put over a positive impression of yourself.

When I see a person in public wearing their pajamas, all I see is a lazy slob who can't even be bothered to get showered and dressed before they leave the house or someone who needs hired help to get themselves together in the morning.

Based solely on outward appearance which of the two would you employ?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Based solely on outward appearance which of the two would you employ?
The vapid looking one with the huge tits.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:05 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivit
She looks a lot better dressed than a lot of wally world customers
I was thinking the same. The ones in Wally world are in disgusting jammies, at least hers look fairly decent. and her slippers don't have huge wobbling doggies heads on.http://shoeking.com/c0147.html they look crazy walking round the shops.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:11 am
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukintexas
I just knew she would be a minger
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:21 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

There are worse things than pajamas

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?paged=16
Attached Thumbnails Tesco ban on shoppers in pyjamas-walmart.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
There are worse things than pajamas

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?paged=16
Now that's a dress code i can get behind