Tele

Old Aug 26th 2015, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Mr Robot

Sorry if I'm late to the party and this has been discussed already, but I was exploring the Xfinity box last night for something to watch and thought I'd give it a go. Promising first episode, I've got a fair few to catch up on!
Old Aug 26th 2015, 4:02 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone doing "Fear the Walking Dead"?
Old Aug 26th 2015, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loubiblu
Mr Robot

Sorry if I'm late to the party and this has been discussed already, but I was exploring the Xfinity box last night for something to watch and thought I'd give it a go. Promising first episode, I've got a fair few to catch up on!
Yes you have, seeing as the season finale is tonight!

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Anyone doing "Fear the Walking Dead"?
Of course. It happens to have shattered all cable premiere records, so a lot of people are with us, too!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

How about "The Leftovers", on HBO?

I stumbled across it one night, and caught the 'pilot'/first episode, where approx. 2% of the population disappear in some kind of religious rapture. The show follows the effect of this on a small town. It was very odd, but intriguing enough to make me want to watch more. Looked like it could be ok ... anyone else seen it?
Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike

I stumbled across it one night, and caught the 'pilot'/first episode, where approx. 2% of the population disappear in some kind of religious rapture. The show follows the effect of this on a small town. It was very odd, but intriguing enough to make me want to watch more. Looked like it could be ok ... anyone else seen it?
I recorded the first series but haven't got round to watching it yet. I don't care for 'weird' story lines such as Lost and I don't like zombie programs.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:23 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The pilot did not inspire me too watch more.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The Last Ship

Is back for a second series....don't think it's really needed but got off to a good start in the first episode and a little lame in the second.

Shall have to see where they take this now...

My g/f started watching series 1 in 'catchup' mode, where we saw all the episodes in one week. Was pretty good, and looked forward to the second series.

The underlying storyline is really very good, IMO - they manage to put together a plausible set of scenarios that you would never think of, and some of the cast are reasonable too. But the fact the captain of the ship goes out on every 'mission' and takes ridiculous risks is just so silly. Anyway, we'll watch it to the bitter end at this point ...
Old Aug 29th 2015, 3:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My g/f started watching series 1 in 'catchup' mode, where we saw all the episodes in one week. Was pretty good, and looked forward to the second series.

The underlying storyline is really very good, IMO - they manage to put together a plausible set of scenarios that you would never think of, and some of the cast are reasonable too. But the fact the captain of the ship goes out on every 'mission' and takes ridiculous risks is just so silly. Anyway, we'll watch it to the bitter end at this point ...
Yes, that bit about the captain is silly, but I'm enjoying the way the series is going and the conflicts of the different factions.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:56 pm
He/him

Turn is getting a season 3. Yipee!
Old Sep 4th 2015, 2:30 am
He/him

Narcos

Pablo Escobar and the DEA after him in Columbia.
Netflix original
Recommended. Already renewed for season 2.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 2:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Narcos

Pablo Escobar and the DEA after him in Columbia.
Netflix original
Recommended.
My daughter was telling me about this yesterday. Seems like a must see.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

The Man in The High Castle looks awesome!

It's an Amazon original and episode 1 is available now with the rest of the series coming in November. It's free with Prime.

The premise is that the US is divided into two axis powers after LOSING WWII. The west is controlled by Japan and the East, Germany.

Haven't watched it yet, but the trailer looks amazing, especially considering it's based on a Phillip K Dick (Blade Runner, Total Recall and more) book and Exec Produced by Ridley Scott!
Old Sep 5th 2015, 3:38 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Guindalf
The Man in The High Castle looks awesome!

It's an Amazon original and episode 1 is available now with the rest of the series coming in November. It's free with Prime.

The premise is that the US is divided into two axis powers after LOSING WWII. The west is controlled by Japan and the East, Germany.

Haven't watched it yet, but the trailer looks amazing, especially considering it's based on a Phillip K Dick (Blade Runner, Total Recall and more) book and Exec Produced by Ridley Scott!
Its was a bit disappointing, for me. I'll probably still give it a few episodes, to see if it is on an upswing.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 5:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Trials of Jimmy Rose

3 parter on ITV with Ray Winstone. He's out from doing a long prison stretch and trying to go legit.

Just saw the first part and rather enjoyed it...but the story line seems, well very Ray.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 7:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
The Trials of Jimmy Rose

3 parter on ITV with Ray Winstone. He's out from doing a long prison stretch and trying to go legit.

Just saw the first part and rather enjoyed it...but the story line seems, well very Ray.
I'm waiting until I have all three episodes...really looking forward to seeing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.