Tele

Old Sep 29th 2014, 4:26 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Can't believe it's been two years since I've been on here! :O

Can't say that there's really anything on that I'm watching... Downton Abbey is not as good as it first was, and the ways I watched it are gone.
Surprised to see your name pop up.

Still in Austin?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 4:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Can't believe it's been two years since I've been on here! :O

Can't say that there's really anything on that I'm watching... Downton Abbey is not as good as it first was, and the ways I watched it are gone.

How's life treating you these days? Have the girls flown the nest?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 6:24 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

How's life treating you these days? Have the girls flown the nest?
Still in Austin, G1ant... life... I've had some major health setbacks, but I'm still here. Eldest kiddo is a senior at UC Berkeley, younger one is in high school now. I'm ready to retire, but still too young! I love my job, but I want to live in the country. Austin at 2 million people metro is just toooooo big.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 6:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Stalker

Weird show, has the bird that was in Nikita as the main character. It's about a bunch of cops working on cases involving stalkers...they all seem to have their own weird little back stories being built up and not very likeable as characters but it has some potential.

It's certainly a little slow and cold.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 6:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Stalker

Weird show, has the bird that was in Nikita as the main character. It's about a bunch of cops working on cases involving stalkers...they all seem to have their own weird little back stories being built up and not very likeable as characters but it has some potential.

It's certainly a little slow and cold.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

The Blacklist continues to be a great watch....Spader is superb...
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

The Flash

It's pretty terrible...so I'm going to stick with it for a while...it's about someone who gets hit by lightening and becomes super fast and you find out there's a bunch of them, so super hero's good and bad. First episode ends on a nice bit of intrigue for the back story though.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 4:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Transporter, the second series has started...not caught the second series yet but hoping it'll still be as cheesy and fun as the first one.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 6:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Kingdom

Not the UK lawyer show, this is the MMA jobby...pretty stupid, but a fun action movie and kicks off with a couple potential interesting back stories pretty quickly.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

No mention of Walking Dead?

Thought it a bit slow but once the action kicked off, quite a good come back, though I'm not sure where the storyline is going this time.

Also finally caught "Strange Empire".

I think that might be a Canadian show, but set in the US midwest, following a female cowboy type person and a caravan of folks.

Little slow to begin with as it seems to be setting up the characters in the first episode, but has some potential and some fun scenery. Have the second episode lined up for later.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:51 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
No mention of Walking Dead?

Thought it a bit slow but once the action kicked off, quite a good come back, though I'm not sure where the storyline is going this time.

Also finally caught "Strange Empire".

I think that might be a Canadian show, but set in the US midwest, following a female cowboy type person and a caravan of folks.

Little slow to begin with as it seems to be setting up the characters in the first episode, but has some potential and some fun scenery. Have the second episode lined up for later.
I actually really enjoyed it. Nice to see it come back with a bang, rather than the last couple of years where it's been very ploddy. I'm sure it will get back to the normal dullness of people being stupid and nearly being caught by zombies.

I didn't see the secret scene after the credits, and haven't looked online. Did that give any clues as to what will happen?
Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by N1cky
I didn't see the secret scene after the credits, and haven't looked online. Did that give any clues as to what will happen?
Yes

Spoiler:

It's the black bloke from first/third series that we were presumed to have died, is back. He turns up at the sanctuary and finds a bunch of carvings on the trees as a marker on where to go.

Definitely intrigue into where this series will have a story arc at least.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:11 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I have to just mention how bad the last episode of "Z Nation" was, now I am still watching it, which might suggest I will watch any old crap.

Its made by The Asylum Studios, who have made a living from making cheap knock-off versions of whatever current Hollywood blockbuster is current. Such as...
H. G. Wells' War of the Worlds
The Day the Earth Stopped
18-Year-Old Virgin
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies
...you get the idea, well now they have turned their skills to TV and have done an Asylum job on "The Walking Dead", for the Syfy channel. The Asylum have also made such movie greats as "Sharknado", and last night's episode of Z Nation had a tornado which lifted up and spat out zombies, oh god it was bad, almost so bad it was good, but not quite.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:52 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yes

Spoiler:

It's the black bloke from first/third series that we were presumed to have died, is back. He turns up at the sanctuary and finds a bunch of carvings on the trees as a marker on where to go.

Oh ok.

It definitely needs a stronger story line, there are only so many episodes you can make with the same thing going on week after week. I'm sure at the end it will be as bad as Lost, and they'll all have been dreaming/dead already/Rick is still in a coma from the first episode and he's imagined it all...
Old Oct 17th 2014, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yes

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That 'black bloke' is actually the highly acclaimed British actor, Lennie James!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.