Tele

Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by toopie28
Regarding Boardwalk - I think you can watch it on HBO go (online), right?
That's a good idea, will try it.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
:Egg's wife
Showing your age there!
Old Oct 6th 2012, 6:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

"Elementary" pretty much crappy.

They set him up as a recovering addict and then do not really seem to use that struggle within the character. Why take "Sherlock" and throw out everything that made it great, and just leave a bog standard detective series?

It felt like a second rate episode of Columbo. In fact that other series based on Sherlock Holmes with a consultant detective to the police with severe social issues and a side kick; "Monk" was infinitely better.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 7:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung

They set him up as a recovering addict and then do not really seem to use that struggle within the character. Why take "Sherlock" and throw out everything that made it great, and just leave a bog standard detective series?

It felt like a second rate episode of Columbo. In fact that other series based on Sherlock Holmes with a consultant detective to the police with severe social issues and a side kick; "Monk" was infinitely better.
I know I'm not going to like it without watching it...because I cannot stand what's her face and Watson should be a guy.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung

Funnily enough that's exactly what my missus said. What makes it a Sherlock Holmes story? It's just a gimmick to hang another procedural on. I think Castle does it better.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Haven, it's a weird stretch to the back story in this series, but I like it....fun, quirky show.

Heartland. I'm a bit bored of it, but the missus still really likes this show, but I think it's out lived the twee.

Homeland. Surprised I liked the first episode of the new series, thought it had potential to go into an interesting direction.....though Danes really should have been dumped and that does ruin the show some what.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:37 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Bedlam. Managed to miss this the first (and second?) time arround.

Watching season one now on Xfinity and actually quite enjoying it so far. The back story is kinda hokey (who wants to go and live in an Assylum *shudder*), but it actually manages to be quite creepy in places.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the 2nd episode of Homeland - verrrrrrrry interesting and surprising. Have no idea where they are going to go from here.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the 2nd episode of Homeland - verrrrrrrry interesting and surprising. Have no idea where they are going to go from here.
I noticed they've drop the scene from the intro where she's watching the events of 9/11 on tv. Making her age around 21 now. Totally implausible that the CIA would re-employ a loose cannon like her. Don't even get me started about that stupid scene with Brody texting.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I noticed they've drop the scene from the intro where she's watching the events of 9/11 on tv. Making her age around 21 now. Totally implausible that the CIA would re-employ a loose cannon like her. Don't even get me started about that stupid scene with Brody texting.
Yes, SHE is HORRIBLE! I really do not understand why she is even in this show. All she does is act frantic and is a mess. Mmm, I could have joined the CIA then.

And the texting thing - that was the point that I decided I would stop watching that show... I was LIVID at that scene. So I know what you mean. It's due to the end - I will watch another episode JUST to see what Saul does. But depending on what happens next week, I may be done with that show too.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, SHE is HORRIBLE! I really do not understand why she is even in this show. All she does is act frantic and is a mess. Mmm, I could have joined the CIA then.

And the texting thing - that was the point that I decided I would stop watching that show... I was LIVID at that scene. So I know what you mean. It's due to the end - I will watch another episode JUST to see what Saul does. But depending on what happens next week, I may be done with that show too.
There's Saul...obviously Jewish by his appearance...wandering around anti Jewish areas. I am at a loss as to why this series picked up so many awards.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:21 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There's Saul...obviously Jewish by his appearance...wandering around anti Jewish areas. I am at a loss as to why this series picked up so many awards.
The car gets attacked. And it is modern Beirut, not the city during the civil war.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Bedlam. Managed to miss this the first (and second?) time arround.

Watching season one now on Xfinity and actually quite enjoying it so far. The back story is kinda hokey (who wants to go and live in an Assylum *shudder*), but it actually manages to be quite creepy in places.
Just getting around to watching this too as I missed it the first time around and couldn't be bothered with it.

Oddly quite fun.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

So anyone catch Arrow and Chicago Fire?

Both sound really rubbish and cheesy, so got them lined up to catch later if I get time
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
So anyone catch Arrow and Chicago Fire?

Both sound really rubbish and cheesy, so got them lined up to catch later if I get time
I enjoyed Chicago Fire. Similar to the other fire crew series that was on tv a few years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.