Teenagers

Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:59 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenagers

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Yikes! Pretty scary. We have our two granddaughters coming out (from Norway) to spend Xmas with us; it will be the first time we've seen them since February. They're 13 and 16. I have been a bit nervous about the younger one, but maybe the elder will be the more upsetting. As if language won't be obstacle enough...
You'll be fine. My lot have really good manners when we have guests or when they are the guests.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

As kid we couldn't get down from the table until we had eaten what was on our plates, I used to hide mash potatoes, broccoli, brussels, pretty much any veg in my pockets just so I could eat my pud and get down from the table!!
I talked to my elder brother about this and he did exactly the same lol
Old Oct 28th 2016, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I am so glad that it's the school on the receiving end of all this teenage rebellion now...

2 teenagers at table tonight eating dinner, something that I've cooked before and they enjoyed (or at least they ate it). NOT tonight though, it tastes "spikey" , I don't like spring onion - this from son. Daughter simply says, "I'm not hungry and it's not good for me to eat if I'm not hungry" FFS!!! Where's the wine?
I'll have that drink with you! What a day.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

I am so glad that it's the school on the receiving end of all this teenage rebellion now...

2 teenagers at table tonight eating dinner, something that I've cooked before and they enjoyed (or at least they ate it). NOT tonight though, it tastes "spikey" , I don't like spring onion - this from son. Daughter simply says, "I'm not hungry and it's not good for me to eat if I'm not hungry" FFS!!! Where's the wine?

A couple of ours did field exercises this summer, after a few weeks living rough in the woods and eating MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) three times a day they were non too picky when they came home.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:25 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think they'd grow out of that by the time they were teenagers.

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
A couple of ours did field exercises this summer, after a few weeks living rough in the woods and eating MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) three times a day they were non too picky when they came home.
Mine does a lot of outdoor camping stuff in the wilderness, she was never a picky eater anyway, but now she'll virtually eat anything. When she's living out of the back of a van in her 20s, I think some good home cooked meals will be one of the main things that keeps her coming home to visit.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 5:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
As kid we couldn't get down from the table until we had eaten what was on our plates, I used to hide mash potatoes, broccoli, brussels, pretty much any veg in my pockets just so I could eat my pud and get down from the table!!
I talked to my elder brother about this and he did exactly the same lol
I used to do that on Sunday's...then when I got to church I flushed it down the toilet.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I used to do that on Sunday's...then when I got to church I flushed it down the toilet.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 9:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
You'd think they'd grow out of that by the time they were teenagers.
Your joking. Mine didn't start being fussy about food until they were around the 16 mark. Prior to that they ate everything put in front of them.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
Same experience here as a result of sending my oldest to boarding school.

They're big on 'farm to table' there. The school is in potato farming country
Old Oct 29th 2016, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that youngest has switched from rebelling against me to rebelling against the education system. After last weeks dresscode problem, this week it's an English project. "On anything you like, except abortion" said the teacher. Daughter's choice? "Sex ed in Texas schools and the consequences".
I have one like that, only her English teacher could. Not. Cope.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 1:03 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Your joking. Mine didn't start being fussy about food until they were around the 16 mark. Prior to that they ate everything put in front of them.
if mine starts that at 16, she can make her own dinner
Old Oct 30th 2016, 9:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They did and do but it was never anything major so not a big deal.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 8:55 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Shrug, eat or don't eat.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Shrug, eat or don't eat.
Like when I asked my son's friend if he wanted sandwich and he said I don't care. Well kid I don't either!
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 3:12 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Math homework. God how I miss not having eldest math genius at home. Youngest has given up on me being able to help her (9th grade!) and now just goes to school early for a tutorial session if homework is proving tough. Parent of the year, eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.