Teenagers

Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:08 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenagers

My daughter gives two of her three girls a set of chores to do around the house. The third girl is only six so is excused. She also pays them for the chores. Seems to work pretty well. Apart from each of their bedrooms completely occupied by stuffed animals the rooms are otherwise clean and tidy

As a kid I was a complete slob but after a few years in the army I was cured of that for good
Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:15 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
My daughter gives two of her three girls a set of chores to do around the house. The third girl is only six so is excused. She also pays them for the chores. Seems to work pretty well. Apart from each of their bedrooms completely occupied by stuffed animals the rooms are otherwise clean and tidy

As a kid I was a complete slob but after a few years in the army I was cured of that for good
It all seems to go downhill after about age 15.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:24 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Yep ! Three years to go for the eldest and five years for the second eldest
Old Jun 28th 2016, 1:09 am
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

teenagers are why they invented military schools
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:19 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Around 12 seems to be the tipping point. Ages 8-10 are IMO the most 'fun' - they are still capable of having a laugh and being silly. They they turn 11/12 and start trying to be too serious, the head goes up the arse and well, mine's almost 18 and it hasn't come back out yet.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 12:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Around 12 seems to be the tipping point. Ages 8-10 are IMO the most 'fun' - they are still capable of having a laugh and being silly. .....
Little Miss P apparently peaked early, around 6 or 7.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest daughter at 14/15 was a very clean and tidy human whilst 'living' in a hovel. I used to go in and blitz but finding things I gagged over I stopped and just shut the door. If she walked out of it and left the door open, I'd go and close it. She became a neat freak at 17. Her OCD dust free sister moved out with her ****wit of a boyfriend at 20 and they house shared with two other guys and became a slob. Relationship thankfully broke up and she moved back home and has remained a slob. She keeps the door shut and she does much of the grocery shopping so it's fine.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 1:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Little Miss P apparently peaked early, around 6 or 7.
I think girls do, my daughter is the same. 6 going on 60.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 2:54 pm
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

Intriguing to read these stories, I'm not yet a father but I can't imagine myself putting up with the crap I've read in this thread. If you're letting them run the only personal space they have like a personal toilet, what hope is there for them when they grow up? And basic household chores should be mandatory I'm afraid, especially as teenagers. Where are they getting their values from if they're not being asked to contribute? I was always made to help up with the washing and drying of plates after dinner or other household chores. I'd get weekly pocket money so helping out was my contribution for that
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by themadpooper
Intriguing to read these stories, I'm not yet a father but I can't imagine myself putting up with the crap I've read in this thread. If you're letting them run the only personal space they have like a personal toilet, what hope is there for them when they grow up? And basic household chores should be mandatory I'm afraid, especially as teenagers. Where are they getting their values from if they're not being asked to contribute? I was always made to help up with the washing and drying of plates after dinner or other household chores. I'd get weekly pocket money so helping out was my contribution for that
Most of it is exaggerated, of course.

The room might be a mess but if it remains a mess, he gets all his stuff taken away so all he gets to do is sit in his room and look at the mess until he cleans it.

I'm not paying him to put his shit away though. That would be like me asking for a raise because I came into work on time every morning
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themadpooper
A messy room is the only problem I can recall with my daughter. She wasn't cheeky, didn't get into any sort of trouble, didn't do drugs, was a good student etc. If a messy room is the only problem you have when you have kids...I reckon you've got off very lightly.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:06 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A messy room is the only problem I can recall with my daughter. She wasn't cheeky, didn't get into any sort of trouble, didn't do drugs, was a good student etc. If a messy room is the only problem you have when you have kids...I reckon you've got off very lightly.
There are degrees of messy. Did you know that if a cheeseburger is left in a toy box for an undetermined amount of time, it turns into a stone?
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There are degrees of messy. Did you know that if a cheeseburger is left in a toy box for an undetermined amount of time, it turns into a stone?

I have never allowed food to be taken upstairs...a throwback to my mum's house rules. The degree of messyness was simply clothes and belongings strewn all over.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:14 pm
I have a comma problem

I have never allowed food to be taken upstairs...a throwback to my mum's house rules. The degree of messyness was simply clothes and belongings strewn all over.
Neither have we, but children are resourceful. I wasn't allowed to smoke and drink when I was 15 but do you think that stopped me?

I'll take sneaking the odd chicken leg or burger into his room over 20 Marlboros and a fifth of vodka any day
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... I have never allowed food to be taken upstairs...a throwback to my mum's house rules. The degree of messyness was simply clothes and belongings strewn all over.
Neither have we, but children are resourceful. I wasn't allowed to smoke and drink when I was 15 but do you think that stopped me?

I'll take sneaking the odd chicken leg or burger into his room over 20 Marlboros and a fifth of vodka any day. ....
Little Miss P's room is often untidy, in the extreme, but isn't dirty, nor is there food waste. ..... She has a fairly finely tuned sense of what is "dirty" but is completely clueless about "untidy".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.