Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Tea.. its not a difficult concept.. surely.!!

Tea.. its not a difficult concept.. surely.!!

Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:59 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea.. its not a difficult concept.. surely.!!

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Throw a bag of liptons in a cup, add water and a minute and a half on high....
OMG I need to go and lie down in a cool, dark room............ someone pass me the smelling salts....... OMG .......... what heresy...
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:04 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG I need to go and lie down in a cool, dark room............ someone pass me the smelling salts....... OMG .......... what heresy...
ROFLMAO! Oh dear lawd! Elvira's got the vapuhs! Cut her corset!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:05 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
ROFLMAO! Oh dear lawd! Elvira's got the vapuhs! Cut her corset!
I'll make her a cup of tea...
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:06 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I can be bothered but the only way to drink a really good cuppa is a brew.... simple get a tea pot and drink from a china tea cup, sounds silly but it really does taste different.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:06 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I'll make her a cup of tea...
Oh FFS! Just hand her a gun why don'tcha and tell her to shoot herself.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Oh FFS! Just hand her a gun why don'tcha and tell her to shoot herself.
Why would I want to shoot myself - I'd rather shoot the heretics...
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:10 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Elvira
Why would I want to shoot myself - I'd rather shoot the heretics...
Ooooh! Now that's evil. I love it!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:18 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Hairy ticks?

Do you really think you could tell the difference, side by side?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really think you could tell the difference, side by side?
your too funny, of course we can
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

bethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to all

Here you all go, this is absolutely not to be missed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELH0ivexKA
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

bethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to all

We're having a tea renaissance, at least here in Portland.(I like to go to Peets because actually they have really good tea, the assam golden tip is particularly nice.)
But what goes along with it is tea snobbishness, of a different kind to mine. I ask for a cup of tea to go, and they say " well you really should get a pot because then the loose leaves of tea have room to really infuse the full richness of their flavour into the boiling water" and I say thanks but I'm in a rush, so they give me the tea and say " now you really should steep that for at least five minutes" and I say thanks and rush to get the damn teabag out because its way too strong for me already. And then I have to ask for milk because they only have cream out!
Today I asked for a pot of tea....five minutes later I was still waiting for it. Turns out they had it behind the counter steeping it for me with a tablespoon of tea leaves in a cup sized pot! Aaaaargh! you could stand a spoon up in it.
Another posh tea place in town I asked for some of their very special first flush golden tipped organic hand picked cured with the breath of tibetan virgins assam tea, with some milk. She looked at me doubtfully.." Are you sure you really want milk with that kind of tea?"
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Remembered I had some PG Tips i brought when I got here a few weeks back. Made a lovely cuppa at work, but need a proper cup - doesn't taste the same in polystyrene!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emailrob
Remembered I had some PG Tips i brought when I got here a few weeks back. Made a lovely cuppa at work, but need a proper cup - doesn't taste the same in polystyrene!
Oh dear Rob.. that just won't do..!!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:00 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
well the only thing I can say is I don't have fleas.
you sure ....I'm sure I saw you scratching
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:50 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bethel
We're having a tea renaissance, at least here in Portland.(I like to go to Peets because actually they have really good tea, the assam golden tip is particularly nice.)
But what goes along with it is tea snobbishness, of a different kind to mine. I ask for a cup of tea to go, and they say " well you really should get a pot because then the loose leaves of tea have room to really infuse the full richness of their flavour into the boiling water" and I say thanks but I'm in a rush, so they give me the tea and say " now you really should steep that for at least five minutes" and I say thanks and rush to get the damn teabag out because its way too strong for me already. And then I have to ask for milk because they only have cream out!
Today I asked for a pot of tea....five minutes later I was still waiting for it. Turns out they had it behind the counter steeping it for me with a tablespoon of tea leaves in a cup sized pot! Aaaaargh! you could stand a spoon up in it.
Another posh tea place in town I asked for some of their very special first flush golden tipped organic hand picked cured with the breath of tibetan virgins assam tea, with some milk. She looked at me doubtfully.." Are you sure you really want milk with that kind of tea?"
Sounds like an opportunity for a money spinner reading tea leaves and teaching true ettiquette by drinking from the saucer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.