Wikiposts

Tea

Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:56 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
yes, I was going to mention that they are floor sweepings generally. But then again isn't Marmite the residue from brewing waste with extra added salt? But that's not to knock their contribution to international cuisine...
ive actually been to the tea factory that produces tea for M&S amongst others. I can assure you the tea bag contents is exactly the same as the loose tea. The ONLY exception is for cheaper tea - they thresh the mismade teabags to recover tea leaves and thats added back to the tea to go into bags. M&S however pay more to ensure they dont have any threshings.

They actually showed us experiments making tea - ie pre-warmed container vs a cold container, with freshly boiled water vs re-boiled water, loose tea and tea bags etc. The things that people think are old wives tales are actually scientifically better to get more flavour. Essentially the fresh boiled water gives better internal circulation and thus more flavour 'brews'.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:24 am
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
ive actually been to the tea factory that produces tea for M&S amongst others. I can assure you the tea bag contents is exactly the same as the loose tea. The ONLY exception is for cheaper tea - they thresh the mismade teabags to recover tea leaves and thats added back to the tea to go into bags. M&S however pay more to ensure they dont have any threshings.

They actually showed us experiments making tea - ie pre-warmed container vs a cold container, with freshly boiled water vs re-boiled water, loose tea and tea bags etc. The things that people think are old wives tales are actually scientifically better to get more flavour. Essentially the fresh boiled water gives better internal circulation and thus more flavour 'brews'.
I'll be reassured the next time I pop into M&S in SF
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:58 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I'd say let's create a BE drinking game. A shot of your favorite anytime someone adds to the dreaded 'Three Word Story' thread. I'll be under the table before I know it.
excellent..
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui

My husband has half a suitcase full of M&S tea...which will be winging it's way across the pond tomorrow.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Tea

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My husband has half a suitcase full of M&S tea...which will be winging it's way across the pond tomorrow.
If he's flying BA.......the suitcase will probably be on a plane to Bejing, along with the rest of his baggage

Jim
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:12 am
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
If he's flying BA.......the suitcase will probably be on a plane to Bejing, along with the rest of his baggage

Jim
Bit like coals to Newcastle then.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 12:13 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

yes, I was going to mention that they are floor sweepings generally. But then again isn't Marmite the residue from brewing waste with extra added salt? But that's not to knock their contribution to international cuisine...
But we have a British "cuisine" section in the local supermarket...amazingly it has Ambrosia in tins and salad cream amongst other crimes against humanity....
Where I come from you could be taken outside and hanged for this type of blasphemy.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 12:19 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Pour hot water in the mug, then pour it out. Then put the tea in the mug, then more hot water. Got it. No wonder mine sucked. I didn't do any of that.
And don't forget to stick your pinky in the air while holding your properly brewed cuppa.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
And don't forget to stick your pinky in the air while holding your properly brewed cuppa.
Only sissies drink tea, give me a XL black tim hortons coffee anyday with a walnut crunch on the side!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:08 pm
Dis-Member

Originally Posted by willmore
Only sissies drink tea, give me a XL black tim hortons coffee anyday with a walnut crunch on the side!
Then why don't you pop out and get one.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Then why don't you pop out and get one.
Did that earlier, try to keep up will you!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:12 pm
Dis-Member

Originally Posted by willmore
Did that earlier, try to keep up will you!
I'll pass....quick cuppa and an early night.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll pass....quick cuppa and an early night.
Nite now, sleep tight.

I must run as well and get dinner started.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

6 pages of waffle on how to make a cup of tea!!!!!

FFS how did we ever have an Empire
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:30 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
6 pages of waffle on how to make a cup of tea!!!!!

FFS how did we ever have an Empire
My "how do you cook bacon" thread went 9 pages... I nearly BBQ'd it due to advice from Gruffbrown, I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.