Wikiposts

Tea

Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:06 am
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There are plenty of liquor stores here...they close around 9 pm Mon to Sat and 5 pm on Sundays.
hmmm but not near where the beardy gentlemen with their buggies live...even odder since it was only an hour or so away from NYC.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:09 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of liquor stores here...they close around 9 pm Mon to Sat and 5 pm on Sundays.
Sounds like Kali took a wrong turn and ended up in Pennsylvania. My little four block town center has two liquor stores. They even have glass windows so you can (gasp!) see the alcohol inside!

When I used to live by the Jersey Shore, a friend from back home came to visit, and we took him to one of those super discount liquor stores about the size of Ikea. We had to scoop his jaw off the floor with a shovel. "How the hell do you guys stay sober?" he asked us.

We just said "we don't", grabbed a shopping cart and headed for the beer floor...

Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:14 am
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
Sounds like Kali took a wrong turn and ended up in Pennsylvania. My little four block town center has two liquor stores. They even have glass windows so you can (gasp!) see the alcohol inside!

When I used to live by the Jersey Shore, a friend from back home came to visit, and we took him to one of those super discount liquor stores about the size of Ikea. We had to scoop his jaw off the floor with a shovel. "How the hell do you guys stay sober?" he asked us.

We just said "we don't", grabbed a shopping cart and headed for the beer floor...

Of course, I exaggerate, slightly. But there are dry counties in NJ as in many other states. With regard to NJ, admittedly near to the Pennsylvania border. I was just struck by it as being odd due the proximity to NYC (about 40 miles or so) and that was before I met the Amish dudes. But I expect they are doing well with the mpg these days....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Proper tea is made with loose tea leaves not tea bags, tea bags contain a lower quality of tea.
Tea bags are the equivalent of instant coffee.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by surly
Proper tea is made with loose tea leaves not tea bags, tea bags contain a lower quality of tea.
yes, I was going to mention that they are floor sweepings generally. But then again isn't Marmite the residue from brewing waste with extra added salt? But that's not to knock their contribution to international cuisine...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:29 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Of course, I exaggerate, slightly. But there are dry counties in NJ as in many other states. With regard to NJ, admittedly near to the Pennsylvania border. I was just struck by it as being odd due the proximity to NYC (about 40 miles or so) and that was before I met the Amish dudes. But I expect they are doing well with the mpg these days....
Wouldn't mind riding about in a horse and cart, either, myself. Wouldn't have to bother mowing the lawn at any rate.

I don't think NJ has any dry counties, but it might have some dry towns.

Oh yes! They do.

New Jersey

* Ocean City, a major beach-side resort, is dry, and uses this fact to promote itself to tourists as family-friendly. Wildwood Crest is also dry, although Wildwood itself is not.
* There are several other dry communities in the southern part of the state, mostly a result of Quaker influence, including Moorestown, Collingswood, Haddonfield, Pitman, and Haddon Heights

From wikipedia, BTW.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:30 am
Diamond Geezer

Well, duh. But beggars can't be choosers.

Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:32 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Add that to the cure for the common cold, chicken noodle soup. Equally as effective as a cuppa solving the Middle East Crisis.
soo true...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:32 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

With you being on the coast where there is a large East Asian population I'm sure you'd find really good quality loose tea leaves in bulk. I'm not sure about the Midwest. I tasted the loose variety from a friend who brought a stash back from a trip to China. I actually let the leaves linger in the water as I drank it. It was a really nice Jasmine blend.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
yes, I was going to mention that they are floor sweepings generally. But then again isn't Marmite the residue from brewing waste with extra added salt? But that's not to knock their contribution to international cuisine...
One shouldn't put the words Marmite and cuisine in the same sent sentence.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I'm classed as a freak in my house...I'm british and I don't like Tea... ohhh the shame...
The DH says that Navy 'tea' cured him of the habit at a very young age so you're not the only one!

Unfortunately, he somehow switched from Navy tea to instant coffee, which is an absolute horror show to me.

I've also managed to convince him that he *does* like red wine, and he doesn't have to call it silly things like 'medium sweet' when describing it.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:38 am
Banned

One shouldn't put the words Marmite and cuisine in the same sent sentence.
But we have a British "cuisine" section in the local supermarket...amazingly it has Ambrosia in tins and salad cream amongst other crimes against humanity....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not you can buy instant tea...my sister uses it. I couldn't even begin to describe how nasty it tastes.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ugacrew
With you being on the coast where there is a large East Asian population I'm sure you'd find really good quality loose tea leaves in bulk. I'm not sure about the Midwest. I tasted the loose variety from a friend who brought a stash back from a trip to China. I actually let the leaves linger in the water as I drank it. It was a really nice Jasmine blend.
There's not shortage of places to buy tea in San Francisco's Chinatown although I'm not sure about PG Tips. Probably not a favorite with the Chinese community.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:42 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not you can buy instant tea...my sister uses it. I couldn't even begin to describe how nasty it tastes.
It's horrible along with instant coffee. Yick I just shuttered at the thought JG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.