British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/summer-weather-thread-f-its-hot-672483/)

scrubbedexpat097 Jun 15th 2010 3:21 am

Re: The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Originally Posted by Leslie66 (Post 8633447)
Deranged mentalists. :blink:

Exactly, no 2nd opinion needed:thumbdown:

Sally Redux Jun 15th 2010 3:22 am

Yeah it's hotted up here. Yuck.

Leslie Jun 15th 2010 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 8633452)
Exactly, no 2nd opinion needed:thumbdown:

The humidity has been (mostly) low here but it ain't normal and it ain't gonna last. :frown:

Brit3964 Jun 15th 2010 3:31 am

Stinkin' hot n' humid here. Typically mid 90s with heat indexes in the 100s. Was up to 107 yesterday. It's waaay too early for this kind of heat. Feels more like July/August.

Toontje Jun 15th 2010 3:35 am

Very nice here in Granby, CO. Medium 60s. Though an additional 5° wouldn't go amiss.

AmerLisa Jun 15th 2010 3:45 am

Originally Posted by candy wy. (Post 8633282)
sometimes you are just not funny:angry_smile: only got to 53 here today so friggin cold.....

Oooo we were roasting this weekend at 78! :D

lisa67 Jun 15th 2010 3:51 am

Thanks for all the offers of humidity, but I think I'll pass ;)

If it makes any of you feel better, I'll soon be going to Blighty for a couple of weeks...sitting in the rain, being sand whipped!!:(

snowbunny Jun 15th 2010 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Toontje (Post 8633482)
Very nice here in Granby, CO. Medium 60s. Though an additional 5° wouldn't go amiss.

Mid-60s.... grrrrr.....

Daughter 1, Akita, Japan: 78/62
Daughter 2, Santa Barbara, California: 65/54
Me: 94/76 :sneaky:

I need a vacation already!

Bahtatboy Jun 15th 2010 10:56 am

C'mon, what's the problem? My car's outside thermometer registered 124 today, although in truth it was probably only around 120. Humidity around 90%, but will rise this evening. Might have to take my jacket off soon, but will keep my tie on. Damn it, I'm British!:D

goldenstate31 Jun 15th 2010 12:27 pm

wow!:D
all you lucky, lucky people that can report on Nice weather, heat, humidity, sunshine.......BLISS!
wished I could say the same for the UK, as usual the weather is not too good and thats in JUNE:o

Zonie Jun 15th 2010 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by goldenstate31 (Post 8634291)
wow!:D
all you lucky, lucky people that can report on Nice weather, heat, humidity, sunshine.......BLISS!
wished I could say the same for the UK, as usual the weather is not too good and thats in JUNE:o

On Monday it will be the longest day, then the nights start drawing in and you'll have winter to look forward to. ;)

Englishtart Jun 15th 2010 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Brit3964 (Post 8633474)
Stinkin' hot n' humid here. Typically mid 90s with heat indexes in the 100s. Was up to 107 yesterday. It's waaay too early for this kind of heat. Feels more like July/August.

Jeez!!! what happened to Spring here? I'm not loving this heat/humidity. And a girl in publix told me yesterday that it won't end until after September!:blink:

Bluegrass Lass Jun 15th 2010 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Englishtart (Post 8634617)
Jeez!!! what happened to Spring here? I'm not loving this heat/humidity.

Ain't that the truth. Over the weekend, the heat index was over 100 here. We don't usually get this hot until July, so where did the Spring go? :blink: I actually have a neuro condition that gets worse in heat, so I'm pretty much hibernating in the house with the a/c. If I don't have to go outside, I'm not.

I would dearly love to be living somewhere the temp is in the 60s/70s in the summer. I would actually be able to enjoy the outdoors then.

Gingerert Jun 15th 2010 3:04 pm

WI's a bit wet and wild this week, but we've had some astonishingly gorgeous days in the last month or so. Beyond 80s, etc. :thumbup:

I do not miss the UK weather ONE BIT. Except in March, when I'm still ploughing my driveway. :o

goldenstate31 Jun 15th 2010 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Zonie (Post 8634584)
On Monday it will be the longest day, then the nights start drawing in and you'll have winter to look forward to. ;)

oh don't I know it! I have to chuckle at the people here (UK) who say...'hasn't it been hot today' and i'm thinking erm no! its only been 64F :ohmy::o