Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Buy some new ones. I have - for the first time - encountered overhead fans in my condo in AZ. I had the old ones replaced with new ones for only about $100 each (plus installation) and it makes all the difference.

I'm currently on vacation in the Caribbean ... it's "only" about 85 F, but the humidity is sky high and I can't stand it. I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes, and burned to death by the sun. There are big f**ing roaches everywhere ... get me back to the 100F dry heat/no mosquitoes of Phoenix! The only reason for coming here is to do 'beach' things, and I hate the beach (sun, mosquitoes, salt water, yuk). I came because my g/f could not find anyone else to go with her
You have such a hard life!!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Buy some new ones. I have - for the first time - encountered overhead fans in my condo in AZ. I had the old ones replaced with new ones for only about $100 each (plus installation) and it makes all the difference.

I'm currently on vacation in the Caribbean ... it's "only" about 85 F, but the humidity is sky high and I can't stand it. I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes, and burned to death by the sun. There are big f**ing roaches everywhere ... get me back to the 100F dry heat/no mosquitoes of Phoenix! The only reason for coming here is to do 'beach' things, and I hate the beach (sun, mosquitoes, salt water, yuk). I came because my g/f could not find anyone else to go with her
I'm feel the same way...the mozzies, sand, saltwater. One of the worst places I've every been to is Fiji...it looks idyllic but the roaches are the size of mice. I couldn't get out of the place quick enough.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
You have such a hard life!!
Well according to OF (in another thread), Steerpike and myself are about to explode, run amok gunning down everything in our path!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Well according to OF (in another thread), Steerpike and myself are about to explode, run amok gunning down everything in our path!

Maybe you're too hot.....
Old Jul 10th 2010, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Maybe you're too hot.....
Could be!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 5:02 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

You should have put an advert on here for her, I'm sure there would have been plenty of takers.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm feel the same way...the mozzies, sand, saltwater. One of the worst places I've every been to is Fiji...it looks idyllic but the roaches are the size of mice. I couldn't get out of the place quick enough.
I have to say, the sand here is 'perfect' - almost pure white, and soft - lovely to walk on. And the water is wonderfully calm and clear. We went snorkeling straight off the beach today, and saw stingrays buried under the sand. The beach is almost deserted. Only one roach inside the condo so far (that we have seen/killed!). We took a snorkeling boat trip yesterday and saw what must be the most perfect beach I've ever seen ... of course I did not take my camera . I still can't quite see the point of spending good money on the whole affair, but - I could adapt
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I liked the long summer evenings back home, I have to admit. Especially those days mid-summer when it never really gets completely dark.

And it wasn't 90 bloody degrees either!!!
Yeah I miss those long summer evenings too. I don't miss the short wet, cold winters so much though.
If I won the lottery I'd do Summer in England/Europe, Spring and Autumn in Georgia and travel around warm climates in Winter (apart from Christmas in England).
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm starting to think we moved to FL instead of SC...every day lately we have had afternoon thunder storms and buckets of rain!

Wouldn't mind it so much if it cooled down and was less humid after the storms, but noooo!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm starting to think we moved to FL instead of SC...every day lately we have had afternoon thunder storms and buckets of rain!

Wouldn't mind it so much if it cooled down and was less humid after the storms, but noooo!
Yup. You tend to get it a bit worse down in Charleston then up here. CHS seems to be a magnet for storms. Up here they often miss us or dissipate quickly. I was gonna go and do some biking yesterday after the rain but the temperature shot back up to 86 feels like 96
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:42 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

YES AND I'VE BEEN OUT DRIVING IN THEM!!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

O/T Is the Griffon pub still open in Charleston? I have 2 x $1 bills on the wall in there. 1 from our first meeting and 1 from our wedding day.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 5:03 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

It was 107 when I picked my daughter up at 5.45 last night. On my drive into work at 9.40 this morning it was 97, its going to be another hot one
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I finally had my first experience of 'Atlanta Airport' in the summer! I know people who refuse to fly through there in the summer, and now I know why. On our way back from the Caribbean, a massive storm system was in the vicinity of ATL. Plane delayed 2hrs at takeoff; while airborne, ATL closed down; we circled for a while, then landed in Pensacola to refuel, and sat on the runway for hours. Toilets were full, and could not be emptied because we were 'international' and Pensacola did not have the Customs facilities to 'OK' our 'international toilet waste' . Finally, ATL reopened and we took off, landing in ATL (passing through some pretty awesome storm clouds, I must confess). The airport was like a Manhattan sidewalk at rush-hour - absolutely packed. Our connection was delayed, and delayed, and delayed ... we finally got out of there after midnight, landing in Phoenix around 3am. It was still 100F in Phoenix, but clear and dry

I need to put that memory out of mind and remember the beach ...
Attached Thumbnails The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!-p1020964-sml1200a.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.