sue uscis

Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sue uscis

Originally Posted by Rete
I agree with Ian. Thought that filing a writ against the USCIS for backlog on FBI name clearance was now prohibited.
How can they prohibit it? It's your call, not theirs!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:54 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I agree with Ian. Thought that filing a writ against the USCIS for backlog on FBI name clearance was now prohibited.
There is a board somewhere on the internet that gives you a telephone number that you can call regarding FBI checks (think it has to do with fingerprinting) to see whether they have sent all the information back to the people requesting the check. We phoned when our son's checking was taking a long time. We were told it was an FBI hold-up by immigration but when we called that number they very kindly told us that all checks were returned within 24 hours and confirmed that our sons was one of them that was returned (they can't give you any other information obviously). This allowed us to call the bluff of the immigration and within 2 weeks we had our case dealt with.

Don't know if this is of any use(I have no idea where that info is on the internet) but at least it shows that when they blame the FBI for holding things up you can prove them wrong.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben
There is a board somewhere on the internet that gives you a telephone number that you can call regarding FBI checks (think it has to do with fingerprinting) to see whether they have sent all the information back to the people requesting the check. We phoned when our son's checking was taking a long time. We were told it was an FBI hold-up by immigration but when we called that number they very kindly told us that all checks were returned within 24 hours and confirmed that our sons was one of them that was returned (they can't give you any other information obviously). This allowed us to call the bluff of the immigration and within 2 weeks we had our case dealt with.

Don't know if this is of any use(I have no idea where that info is on the internet) but at least it shows that when they blame the FBI for holding things up you can prove them wrong.

Yes, there is and therein lies another problem. Others have tried this recently and have been told they can no longer give this information. The other problem is that the name checks when completed as sent back to the USCIS but one of two things happens that slows it down. Either the center does not timely check pending petitions for updates and/or the clearance is not attached to the petition in a timely manner.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
How can they prohibit it? It's your call, not theirs!

See my update edit of that post.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boo42
what we have to do
I will tell you what you have to do *if* you tell me where you live!

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:26 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

hah, Ian you are cracking me up
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
ROFL.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:18 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Ian
I live in Austin - will I do instead ? I'm dying to hear what you're going to tell them - does it involve having a taco and a chilling out ? My I-130 took 10 months to get approved and I'm not from a place that make me not want to tell anyone what place I'm from !!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Might as well give it up, Ian We aren't allowed to know......