British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Subway Bread choices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/subway-bread-choices-887477/)

mrken30 Nov 15th 2016 5:58 pm

Subway Bread choices

Does anyone know when or why subway reduced their selection of breads. I don't buy fast food very often , but my closest Subway now only has 2 choices of bread.

MidAtlantic Nov 15th 2016 6:05 pm

Re: Subway Bread choices

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12105879)
Does anyone know when or why subway reduced their selection of breads. I don't buy fast food very often , but my closest Subway now only has 2 choices of bread.

It varies by location so why not ask them?

SpoogleDrummer Nov 15th 2016 6:12 pm

Their website says you should have at least 6 to choose from and possibly more. Our Types of Sandwich Bread & Toppings Menu | SUBWAY® | SUBWAY.com - United States (English)

mrken30 Nov 15th 2016 6:12 pm

The staff have no idea. The choices on the online ordering have also been reduced. Must be a marketing thing, or cost reduction to keep the prices low.

mrken30 Nov 15th 2016 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12105895)
Their website says you should have at least 6 to choose from and possibly more. Our Types of Sandwich Bread & Toppings Menu | SUBWAY® | SUBWAY.com - United States (English)

I never really classed flatbread as real bread. This is now included in the choice of 6. So that now leaves 4 breads, with Rye being a new replacement.

scrubbedexpat091 Nov 15th 2016 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12105896)
The staff have no idea. The choices on the online ordering have also been reduced. Must be a marketing thing, or cost reduction to keep the prices low.

The store could be under performing so the owner cut back on selection to reduce costs.

The other breads may not have sold well and was leading to too much waste.
etc.

Best bet might to send a complaint to head office, and see if anyone calls. I did once, and the owners of the location called a few days later.

MidAtlantic Nov 15th 2016 7:07 pm

It also says: Please note, product availability may vary depending on location.

Rete Nov 15th 2016 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12105901)
I never really classed flatbread as real bread. This is now included in the choice of 6. So that now leaves 4 breads, with Rye being a new replacement.

I agree with you. I also do not consider nan, pita or wraps to be bread.

WEBlue Nov 15th 2016 8:15 pm

I find all the Subway regular bread rolls taste almost the same, way too soft & sweet. The flatbread is somewhat better, although I'd prefer to try the multi-grain flatbread & never have found it available.

However, the flatbread unfortunately has more calories than the bread choices.... Best is really the wrap, but again that's not available at my local Subway. I actually like Subway best of all the American fast food places I've tried--it's a cheap meal and pretty healthy if you avoid all the dressings & sauces....

markonline1 Nov 15th 2016 8:55 pm

I have just this second finished stuffing a toasted footlong chicken teriyaki with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, peppers, onion, pickles, jalapeños and sweet onion dressing down my throat! So long as they don't get rid of Italian bread, I don't care :cool: