Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Submitting house valuation

Submitting house valuation

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Submitting house valuation

Hello all,
I may need to use the value of my apartment in the UK for the financials. I don't know for sure as my husband's situation is in flux. However, I just want to be ready. For several reasons it's going to be very difficult and impractical for me to obtain a valuation on it. Please let me know whether you think the following will work:

If I submit documents showing:
-Original purchase price
-Statement from the bank showing outstanding mortgage
-Some kind of statistic (it could be a census figure or a major newspaper article) showing % price increases in that specific town (London) from the year I bought the property to 2009
-A calculation based on above of my net equity

Do you think this will fly?

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting house valuation

You can certainly include all that with the I-864, but my layman's opinion is that the ConOff will want to see a valuation of your specific piece of property...not statistics from the area.

Rene