Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Processing in London

Spouse Visa Processing in London

Old Jun 19th 2020, 3:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Processing in London

Originally Posted by Rete
No, lizzyq, the correct forum for this particular frustrated rant would be the trailer park .....
Nope, the correct forum for ranty Americans in the UK can be found at uk-yankee.com.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As this thread was opened for a rant rather than advice on visas, I am moving it into the Trailer Park.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 4:59 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Nope, the correct forum for ranty Americans in the UK can be found at uk-yankee.com.
Well you made me laugh
Old Jun 20th 2020, 3:30 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
true - and this is British Expats.com.... after all. Only whiny Brits here please......
It is somewhat frustrating at how slowly some of the government offices are (not) opening up though. Even in Texas where our "esteemed" governor seems intent on behaving like everything is normal.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Nsb25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello..
Let me put this post to rest...

In my frustration I guess I was just needing to vent to people who I thought would understand. I see how my words and statements may have been taken out of context or read differently than my intentions...

First I do care and worry very deeply about all those who have died or have had C19... I hate the way the US and the UK has handled this awful virus!! By their slow actions they have caused the unnecessary deaths of TOO MANY people! Two of the worlds most powerful countries have destroyed so many lives.. with deaths and cases and those who’s lives have been put into permanent limbo!!!

In my haste to post I did forget that the reason I had not renewed my passport was because we had booked a trip to visit the US in April long before the virus hit.
I had planned to go on the trip and when I returned I was going to send in my passport for renewal as I had plenty of time to wait for it’s return. However that trip got cancelled and by then the Embassy had stopped doing passports... I assure you I will never wait again cause life throws big curves...

Im not sure I could enter the US without a huge hassle ....I don’t believe I could even board an airplane without a passport.... unless the emergency qualification were to apply to me..

I hope I can explain as to my frustration during my post and not being able to go home... I have a chronic illness that lowers my immune system.. I’ve only left my house once since the lockdown started.
All the stress and worry exasperates my condition. And I have more bad days than I have good ones.
I can get better treatment in the US than here. I was having an awful day the day I made the original post.
Not an excuse just an explanation... it makes my brain slower and foggy and my feeling of being “trapped” here comes from my anxiety and stress..
which in turn makes my illness worse .. just a vicious cycle... I hope this sheds a bit of light on my state of mind at that time.

This forum has helped me and my husband immensely! And I truly appreciate all the info I’ve received here..

I am sorry to anyone I might have offended as that was not my intention at all. I’m not an “all about me” type of person at all... actually I’m very much the opposite...unfortunately my feelings and my brain didn’t cooperate the day of the post!!

I hope I can put this thread to bed and start over again... this forum means a lot to our journey and I hope that I can continue to get the same expertise and knowledge from all of you on any future questions I may have...

Thanks for reading....have a great day !!
Old Jun 21st 2020, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Nsb25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
true - and this is British Expats.com.... after all. Only whiny Brits here please......
It is somewhat frustrating at how slowly some of the government offices are (not) opening up though. Even in Texas where our "esteemed" governor seems intent on behaving like everything is normal.
Im really mad at the way Trump and Abbott have handled this whole situation!!! Making the country and Texas worse not better!!! I have a large family that all live in the Austin area and I worry myself sick everyday about all of them!!! The government has opened too fast too soon and now more people are dying and getting sick!!! Yet masks that can save lives are not required!! It’s all political!!! Politics trading lives for re elections!!!! It makes me so mad!

Old Jun 21st 2020, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nsb25
Hello..
Let me put this post to rest...

In my frustration I guess I was just needing to vent to people who I thought would understand. I see how my words and statements may have been taken out of context or read differently than my intentions...

First I do care and worry very deeply about all those who have died or have had C19... I hate the way the US and the UK has handled this awful virus!! By their slow actions they have caused the unnecessary deaths of TOO MANY people! Two of the worlds most powerful countries have destroyed so many lives.. with deaths and cases and those who’s lives have been put into permanent limbo!!!

In my haste to post I did forget that the reason I had not renewed my passport was because we had booked a trip to visit the US in April long before the virus hit.
I had planned to go on the trip and when I returned I was going to send in my passport for renewal as I had plenty of time to wait for it’s return. However that trip got cancelled and by then the Embassy had stopped doing passports... I assure you I will never wait again cause life throws big curves...

Im not sure I could enter the US without a huge hassle ....I don’t believe I could even board an airplane without a passport.... unless the emergency qualification were to apply to me..

I hope I can explain as to my frustration during my post and not being able to go home... I have a chronic illness that lowers my immune system.. I’ve only left my house once since the lockdown started.
All the stress and worry exasperates my condition. And I have more bad days than I have good ones.
I can get better treatment in the US than here. I was having an awful day the day I made the original post.
Not an excuse just an explanation... it makes my brain slower and foggy and my feeling of being “trapped” here comes from my anxiety and stress..
which in turn makes my illness worse .. just a vicious cycle... I hope this sheds a bit of light on my state of mind at that time.

This forum has helped me and my husband immensely! And I truly appreciate all the info I’ve received here..

I am sorry to anyone I might have offended as that was not my intention at all. I’m not an “all about me” type of person at all... actually I’m very much the opposite...unfortunately my feelings and my brain didn’t cooperate the day of the post!!

I hope I can put this thread to bed and start over again... this forum means a lot to our journey and I hope that I can continue to get the same expertise and knowledge from all of you on any future questions I may have...

Thanks for reading....have a great day !!

on that note I am closing this thread.