Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Spare Your Family & Friends..Vaccinate

Spare Your Family & Friends..Vaccinate

Old Apr 25th 2021, 2:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spare Your Family & Friends..Vaccinate

ATM, my husband is enduring a second go round with the Coronavirus/COVID-19. Yes, you can get it twice or three times, etc.

The first time was relatively mild and while he was sick and required bed rest and meds, he did recuperate within 4 weeks to be negative of the virus and back to normal.

This time it is severe and he has been hospitalized. He is weak, has trouble breathing, walking, extremely tired, no appetite, and it appears that it has affected his heart.

As his caregiver, I have been tested repeatedly since September 2020 and the last time was this Friday. At all times, thankfully, I have been negative with no symptoms either.

I can see now how people die from this virus. Don't discount it, please. GET YOUR VACCINATION AND KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE. If you don't get the virus, you can't pass it on.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 3:24 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spare Your Family & Friends..Vaccinate

Sending big hugs and positive thoughts to you and your husband, Rete. Stay safe and strong. Your BE friends are here to support you.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 3:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for his recovery.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 3:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping he was getting better.

Please make sure you look after yourself. I know that you have been, and still are, going through an incredibly bad time. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 4:16 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
ATM, my husband is enduring a second go round with the Coronavirus/COVID-19. Yes, you can get it twice or three times, etc.

The first time was relatively mild and while he was sick and required bed rest and meds, he did recuperate within 4 weeks to be negative of the virus and back to normal.

This time it is severe and he has been hospitalized. He is weak, has trouble breathing, walking, extremely tired, no appetite, and it appears that it has affected his heart.

As his caregiver, I have been tested repeatedly since September 2020 and the last time was this Friday. At all times, thankfully, I have been negative with no symptoms either.

I can see now how people die from this virus. Don't discount it, please. GET YOUR VACCINATION AND KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE. If you don't get the virus, you can't pass it on.

Sending all best wishes your way, Rete.

There is no good excuse, barring an actual medical one, for not getting vaccinated. It is our responsibility to each other, as you say.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Rete, I am so sad to read this. I hope he starts recovering soon but right now he is in the right place and getting the right treatment. Take this time to take care of yourself. You have been through so much, please take care

Sending positive thoughts and big hugs to you my friend.xx
Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't get the virus, you can't pass it on.
Unfortunately, the vaccine won’t stop you getting the virus or from passing it to others. It will hopefully, stop you developing the worst symptoms of COVID-19 though. As I posted in the other thread, speaking to one of our cops who is returning to light duties after contracting the virus in December and ending up in a coma close to death. I frankly wouldn’t wish what he has been through on anyone! Hoping your husband makes a full and speedy recovery.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 12:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The last thing you and your hubby needed Rete. I can only echo everyone else's hope that he recovers soon. Not easy to do right now but please take the best care you can of yourself Rete, try to eat and sleep properly
Old Apr 26th 2021, 5:47 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing the best for the both of you, and hope he makes a full recovery.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 6:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by markonline1
Unfortunately, the vaccine won’t stop you getting the virus or from passing it to others. It will hopefully, stop you developing the worst symptoms of COVID-19 though.
Yes. Also, one may contract and have the virus, be infectious, and then shed + still test negative - several times. It is a corona virus, bit like a cold. "You may still have COVID-19 if you have been tested too early or too late in your illness, as the test may not have picked up the virus. " Depends very much on the type of testing& when. Often is not an indication. Where and what a person does is. <-- per what has been learnt .

Only way at the moment is very very limited contact, No groups . Wear masks. Hand washing and all that guff. Hopefully there is a really good track and trace to know exactly where this came from .

Hoping your husband makes a full and speedy recovery.
Yes. Absolutely. I would echo that. Hard rotten times for your man and you Rita. Hope your chap makes it on through. Please keep yourself safe.

Old Apr 26th 2021, 7:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear this Rete, Everything I could say would just seem trite in these circumstances, but I do hope for the best outcome and a quick recovery. Please keep safe yourself at this very worrying time, there are so many people on here who are hoping and praying for good news.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 12:43 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I know people in my workspace (healthcare) that are on their 3rd go around with COVID having recently picked up one the variants going around and they still refuse to be vaccinated because 'when God says it's my time it's my time'

So frustrating.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I know people in my workspace (healthcare) that are on their 3rd go around with COVID having recently picked up one the variants going around and they still refuse to be vaccinated because 'when God says it's my time it's my time'

So frustrating.
The hospital actually told Jim it was his third go-round but his primary disagrees since he had been diagnosed with Covid on April 9th, took his meds, felt much improved and then a week after got very very sick. Primary feels that it is a relapse from the second bout of covid.

He cannot take the vaccine because of his reaction to any type of flu or pneumonia vaccine. So this is or will be ongoing for him.

My point of posting is that people have to stop being lax about getting vaccinated. It is not a game and it is not ride on the wheel of chance. Yes, vaccinated people can still get covid albeit a lighter version. The main thing is that you are between 75% to 85% protected from covid. You still need to be cautious but damn it folks, the life you save might not be just yours but that of a family member, a son or daughter and spouse or mother or father.

I never could understand anti-vaxxers. I was fully vaccinated against all childhood diseases from the year 1948 up through my teens. The same for my children and now their children. Polio is still around and smallpox has reared its ugly head again as has whooping cough. I lived through the death of my daughter recently and I don't want anyone to walk in my shoes if their child gets a preventable disease and dies. The guilt would kill me.

Old Apr 26th 2021, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your husband makes a recovery and feels better Rete.

To be fair to people who don't have the small pox vaccine like myself, who were born after 1972 we didn't have the option to get it, the US stopped routine small pox vaccination in 1972.

The hospital actually told Jim it was his third go-round but his primary disagrees since he had been diagnosed with Covid on April 9th, took his meds, felt much improved and then a week after got very very sick. Primary feels that it is a relapse from the second bout of covid.

He cannot take the vaccine because of his reaction to any type of flu or pneumonia vaccine. So this is or will be ongoing for him.

My point of posting is that people have to stop being lax about getting vaccinated. It is not a game and it is not ride on the wheel of chance. Yes, vaccinated people can still get covid albeit a lighter version. The main thing is that you are between 75% to 85% protected from covid. You still need to be cautious but damn it folks, the life you save might not be just yours but that of a family member, a son or daughter and spouse or mother or father.

I never could understand anti-vaxxers. I was fully vaccinated against all childhood diseases from the year 1948 up through my teens. The same for my children and now their children. Polio is still around and smallpox has reared its ugly head again as has whooping cough. I lived through the death of my daughter recently and I don't want anyone to walk in my shoes if their child gets a preventable disease and dies. The guilt would kill me.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute

Both myself and my wife are vaccinated, me 7 weeks back one shot for work, this was a choice to primarily to protect my wife / others older and young alike who had not had Covid yet.
I had the virus May last year with mild symptoms for 2 weeks.
my wife recently had the 1st Moderna shot due to national availability.
work place is more than 50% vac'd currently and aiming for more.

I have two uncles in the U.K both previously seriously hospitalized over it, i am of the mind it brings on other 'dormant illness' as well as the typical Covid symptoms.

One uncle had covid and subsequently went rapidly downhill with waldenstroms shortly after. (it was probably allready in him) he has now had Covid for 4-5 months, unable to fight both diseases or to go on strong meds until his weight came up, but finally released home last week, and at more than 6 feet his weight went down to 7-1/2 stone from 14. he is now 8-1/2 stone and home! on various meds.

one of my other uncles just had Covid (no other underlying issues) , and had masses of blood clots to the lungs to the point of severe coughing / restriction and close to dying from respiratory cause. He had an op to drain his lungs and is home, on blood medication for the next yr, with lung issues. neither were vaccinated before sickness , both were active working people.

i'm a fit active guy and my system could not hold it off.

To Rete, I hope your Hub gets better soon.

Last edited by hutchison; Apr 27th 2021 at 8:59 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.