British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Spaceships and astronomy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/spaceships-astronomy-870632/)

Pulaski Feb 15th 2023 12:28 am

Re: Spaceships and astronomy

A 1m meteor discovered on Sunday evening entered the atmosphere in the early hours of Monday morning, crashing into earth near Rouen in NE France.

It is just the 7th meteor discovered before it hit earth, but the second discovered by amateur Hungarian astronomer, Krisztián Sárneczky, who also found one in March of 2022, two hours before it splashed into the North Atlantic just north of Iceland.

scrubbedexpat142 Feb 15th 2023 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 13173030)
A 1m meteor discovered on Sunday evening entered the atmosphere in the early hours of Monday morning, crashing into earth near Rouen in NE France.

It is just the 7th meteor discovered before it hit earth, but the second discovered by amateur Hungarian astronomer, Krisztián Sárneczky, who also found one in March of 2022, two hours before it splashed into the North Atlantic just north of Iceland.

Or as we say in Hungary, Sárneczky Krisztián! Clever identifying correctly something so small.

Lion in Winter Feb 15th 2023 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 13173030)

This must be the same one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-64621115

Pulaski Feb 15th 2023 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 13173057)

Yup, that was it. :nod:

RICH Aug 12th 2023 7:01 pm

Not an advertisement, but I just saw an ad on my new computer ( have not got adblock on yet) Apparently there is a total eclipse next year and the advertised product looks interesting Hestia is al I am saying!

Pulaski Aug 12th 2023 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by RICH (Post 13209187)
Not an advertisement, but I just saw an ad on my new computer ( have not got adblock on yet) Apparently there is a total eclipse next year and the advertised product looks interesting Hestia is al I am saying!

Yup, that total eclipse is 7 years after the last one in 2017 that crossed the US from the PNW, across the US via Carbondale, IL to SC.

Total eclipses commonly occur in pairs 7 years apart and the 2024 eclipse, I think starts in Mexico, but then enters the US in Texas (if it isn't stopped by a wall or floating barrier? :unsure: :sneaky:) transitting the US via Carbondale, IL and then crosses into Canada and heads into the North Atlantic from New Foundland.

RICH Aug 12th 2023 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 13209204)
Yup, that total eclipse is 7 years after the last one that crossed the US from the PNW, across the US via Carbondale, IL to SC.

Total eclipses commonly occur in pairs 7 years apart and the 2024 eclipse, I think starts in Mexico, but then enters the US in Texas (if it isn't stopped by a wall or floating barrier? :unsure:) transiting the US via Carbondale, IL and then crosses into Canada and heads into the North Atlantic from New Foundland.

Yep, for the last one I did a road trip and was at the junction of 3 states at the time - and it was cloudy.!!

Shard Aug 15th 2023 10:54 am

Russian's looking to set up a moon base at the Lunar South Pole (as there's water there). Would be good.
​​​​