So, I'm new...

Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So, I'm new...

Originally Posted by Tracym
You're making me hungry too.

Go for another brie/grape thingy - it sounds gorgeous.
i lurvvee brie and grapes on granary with lurpak lining the bread
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
Red onion chutney with goats cheese is another goodie.
another of my fav's ....now you are making me hungry
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Kaffy - I normally fly into Cinci but have managed to get decent flights into Lexington this time. Which is good, as I have six large suitacases plus hand luggage and will need two cars to get us all home

I didn't know my Starbucks personality but have just done the test. I'm disturbed by the results. So disturbed I might have to go back today and order a Dark Cherry Mocha just to be contrary. Except that I don't like coffee.

Apparently...

Personality type: Hippie[/COLOR]
Glad to hear that you found a good flight into Lexington - that will make life easier with all of the luggage.

Regarding the Starbucks personality, here's mine:

Personality type: Pseudo-intellectual

You're liberal and consider yourself to be laid back and open minded. Everyone else just thinks you're clueless. Your friends hate you because you always email them virus warnings and chain letters "just in case it's true." All people who drink Grande Chai Latte are potheads.

Also drinks: Sparkling water
Can also be found at: Designer grocery stores

In my defense, I do not e-mail chain letters ... nor do I drink sparkling water or smoke pot.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:09 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Where do you go to find your Starbucks personality?

Sauted garlic mushrooms on wholewheat toast is also real yummy - with a dash of black pepper of course .
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:18 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Where do you go to find your Starbucks personality?

Sauted garlic mushrooms on wholewheat toast is also real yummy - with a dash of black pepper of course .
Kaffy posted a link somewhere earlier on in the thread, I think

Sauteed garlic mushrooms on wholewheat toast sounds gorgeous. I never met a mushroom that I didn't like and if it has made close acquaintance with a clove of garlic then so much the better.

I've had more soup - 'Choc Full Of Beans' chilli soup, which was rather delicious. Then my desktop computer blew up and is now completely functionless I suppose it's one less thing to pack and the insurance premium will come down a bit now. Every cloud, silver lining and all that...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Kaffy posted a link somewhere earlier on in the thread, I think

Sauteed garlic mushrooms on wholewheat toast sounds gorgeous. I never met a mushroom that I didn't like and if it has made close acquaintance with a clove of garlic then so much the better.

I've had more soup - 'Choc Full Of Beans' chilli soup, which was rather delicious. Then my desktop computer blew up and is now completely functionless I suppose it's one less thing to pack and the insurance premium will come down a bit now. Every cloud, silver lining and all that...
Ugh what a pain. I much prefer laptops, but...

Bright side - I think computers are much less expensive here - and huge sales tomorrow, including online. You can easily get a desktop for as low as $299 - perhaps you have a Xmas present to hint for then

I make an appetizer of toast, white asparagus, and a mushroom sauce over the top. Had something similar in German and it was amazing. So I set out to recreate it as closely as possible.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:07 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Ok, so I did the Starbucks personality test and dammit the news is not good. . . . apparently, I'm clueless and lame!
I'm just going to have to go back to my pg tips! - at least tea doesn't judge you . . . or does it?!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:09 am

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Ok, so I did the Starbucks personality test and dammit the news is not good. . . . apparently, I'm clueless and lame!
I'm just going to have to go back to my pg tips! - at least tea doesn't judge you . . . or does it?!

I rather think it does - at least my Grande Soy Chai Tea Latte had an opinion!

Hoping for a better day today than yesterday. Not only did I have to contend with the exploding desktop but I also stubbed my toe on the corner of the bathroom wall. Ouch. Thought I'd broken it but I suspect it's just badly bruised - no heels for a few days though. Then I burnt my finger in exactly the same place that I burnt it last week - last week's burn was still healing and now it's all blistered and swollen and angry looking again *sigh*. Decided to make myself a hot chocolate, put some milk in the microwave to heat and for some inexplicable reason the mug fell over. Cue milk everywhere. It really wasn't my day. I'm going to have a GOOD day today, if it damn well kills me!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 3:49 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping for a better day today than yesterday. Not only did I have to contend with the exploding desktop but I also stubbed my toe on the corner of the bathroom wall. Ouch. Thought I'd broken it but I suspect it's just badly bruised - no heels for a few days though. Then I burnt my finger in exactly the same place that I burnt it last week - last week's burn was still healing and now it's all blistered and swollen and angry looking again *sigh*. Decided to make myself a hot chocolate, put some milk in the microwave to heat and for some inexplicable reason the mug fell over. Cue milk everywhere. It really wasn't my day. I'm going to have a GOOD day today, if it damn well kills me!

Bloody hell, what are you a walking disaster zone? Better make sure your insurance is well up to date before you arrive over here mate.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:33 pm
Thought is free.

Ouch!, yesterday sounds as if it was a bitch of a day for you. Things can only get better - if not, let us know where we can send you a get well card!.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
And as a Starbucks fan, do you know your Starbucks personality yet?
http://www.buttafly.com/starbucks/index.php
OMG I hate that thing, how mean is it?!

Welcome SallyCinnamon; I think you should move to Oregon instead of KY.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:06 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
OMG I hate that thing, how mean is it?!

Welcome SallyCinnamon; I think you should move to Oregon instead of KY.
Oregon:
Kentucky:
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Oregon:
LMFAO; you rock ABY (I thought I saw you in Oregon the other day.. you have The Look to fit in here).

I had dinner with our Kentucky outcast last night. She regaled the Kiwis with tales of hush puppies and "Mommy's" recipes involving bacon grease. Thank god we had the Mexicans there to translate!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:24 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
LMFAO; you rock ABY (I thought I saw you in Oregon the other day.. you have The Look to fit in here).

I had dinner with our Kentucky outcast last night. She regaled the Kiwis with tales of hush puppies and "Mommy's" recipes involving bacon grease. Thank god we had the Mexicans there to translate!
That's weird, My wife's friend who lives in Portland met us in KC at my inlaws place (He was back home for his Sis's wedding) on Thanksgiving. He is the sensitive homosexual vegan so he loves it out there. While we were sitting in the kitchen talking, I noticed him staring intently out the window. I took a look and saw a bunch of the young uns throwing a stick around the yard.

Only it wasn't a stick, it was the lower part of a deer's foreleg. My FIL had butchered a deer the previous day and one of the dogs must have drug it up to the house.

Kentucky rack of lamb...

Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:51 pm

Yikes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.