So, I'm new...

Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, I'm new...

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
I've already 'enjoyed' my Thanksgiving lunch. Leek and potato cup-a-soup. I know how to live
Wow, you certainly are... decadent!

I had Panetonne for breakfast..
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:47 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

I'm living frugally in preparation for all the food I'll be eating when I get there. I figure if I can lose a few pounds ahead of arriving it will give me a couple of months grace - or at least see me through Christmas Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Today it was leek and potato cup-a-soup, yesterday it was warm baguette with melted brie and grapes

Pannetone sounds lovely though - I adore it toasted with butter...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I'm living frugally in preparation for all the food I'll be eating when I get there. I figure if I can lose a few pounds ahead of arriving it will give me a couple of months grace - or at least see me through Christmas Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Today it was leek and potato cup-a-soup, yesterday it was warm baguette with melted brie and grapes

Oooh I've never tried it toasted - good idea. Oh dear, and looks like I had my 'n's and 't's backwards even. Ah well, it's early yet.

And the baguette with melted brie and grapes - sounds like heaven! Not dietetic lol, but heaven.

I've actually never had a leek - have to cook some in something one day and give them a try.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:52 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Pretty quiet here too. Damn dogs have gone happily back to sleep. I should poke them.
You let them on Facebook?

What's the drill? Well... unless you're the one cooking, lounge around and then stuff yourself senseless. It's pretty much an eating holiday.

Unless you like American football I guess.
I can do eating, and I love cooking. Too busy at work to do much shopping this week so entirely random variety of ingredients currently inhabiting our fridge. Will have to get my creative juices flowing...

Not into American Football, but their is a spot of rugby on this afternoon that I might try to find on the internet.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonrob
I'm up early too - but no dogs to blame (rather some mild insomnia).

Now I know I've actually been through a few of these Thanksgiving thingies already, but really - what's the drill? It's so quiet outside and there seems to be a lot of day ahead of me and not much plan.
eat turkey i guess
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:54 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Heinz tinned Leek and Potato soup. Tinned soup here is crap...

Bring soup!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:54 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by TruBrit
eat turkey i guess
The last meat I ate was turkey, but that was back in 1995...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:55 pm

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Oooh I've never tried it toasted - good idea. Oh dear, and looks like I had my 'n's and 't's backwards even. Ah well, it's early yet.

And the baguette with melted brie and grapes - sounds like heaven! Not dietetic lol, but heaven.

I've actually never had a leek - have to cook some in something one day and give them a try.
It's FABULOUS toasted. Way too fabulous, in fact.

The melted brie and grapes was inspired by the Catherine Tate Show (I think they're just starting to show some episodes on BBCA, according to OH) - they have a middle-aged couple who are constantly in shock about 'modern living' (their sketch on Shitake mushrooms has me practically wetting myself). Anyway, they took a trip to Harrogate and were horrified to discover their 'cheese buttie' consisted of baguette with brie and grapes. A new culinary delight was therefore born, now know in our household as the 'Dirty B*****d' sandwich after their catchphrase. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Leeks are good - a milder taste than onion, great sauteed with mashed potato
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

The melted brie and grapes was inspired by the Catherine Tate Show (I think they're just starting to show some episodes on BBCA, according to OH) - they have a middle-aged couple who are constantly in shock about 'modern living' (their sketch on Shitake mushrooms has me practically wetting myself). Anyway, they took a trip to Harrogate and were horrified to discover their 'cheese buttie' consisted of baguette with brie and grapes. A new culinary delight was therefore born, now know in our household as the 'Dirty B*****d' sandwich after their catchphrase. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

You're right, leeks are very tasty

Brie and grapes sounds like heaven, mmmmmmmmm.....
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dirty B**tard sandwich - I love it!

I think I have an appetizer recipe lying around to try that's pretty similar - perhaps on crostini. Mmmmm that sounds so good!

Yes, Pannetone can be addictive, even as is. Toasted and butter... ooh so decadent. Wonder if there will be any left when DH gets up?

Actually, my funny (sort of) Pannetone story - my lovely friend saved one from Christmas and gave it to me as a wedding shower gift, and we were planning it for our breakfast (night after the wedding). Had it all set aside along with the other stuff we were taking away with us on our wedding night.

Unfortunately, while we were picking my future mil up at the airport, the maid of honor (who was supervising the dogs) didn't supervise - and the dog ate it! I was SO mad at that dog... Apparently he was veeeery sneaky... and quet.

Of course, we couldn't get another, as Christmas was long past.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Marmalade
You're right, leeks are very tasty

Brie and grapes sounds like heaven, mmmmmmmmm.....
I'll have to give some a try.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:05 pm

Red onion chutney with goats cheese is another goodie.

See, now I'm all hungry and my tummy is rumbling...another cup-a-soup just isn't going to cut it...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

See, now I'm all hungry and my tummy is rumbling...another cup-a-soup just isn't going to cut it...
You're making me hungry too.

Go for another brie/grape thingy - it sounds gorgeous.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:07 pm
Septic Sprout

Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich on malted wholegrain bread? Can't get those over here...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely adore cheese, but have never liked chutney Could eat cheese all day long, but I'm lactose intolerant so it's not pretty being around me after I've overindulged with the dairy products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.