So, I'm new...

Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, I'm new...

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
Goodness me, I go to bed for a few hours and wake up to positive mayhem

Awww bless you! I do indeed need a visa of the permanent variety. We're working on it. If all else fails I can, I guess, find a nice single man willing to make an honest woman of me. But not live with me I'll be taking a list of possible volunteers in about 4 years time.

What is this newsletter of which you speak? Do I need one? Where do I get one?

I do indeed have a fairly well established sense of humour and you'll be pleased to hear am unlikely to take flight - I've been called much worse than a carpet muncher and in fact am rather touched to be referred to as a 'delicate petal'.

Hello to everyone else that said hello during my hours in Sleepytown - Clarissa, I'm sorry to hear you had such a horrid day yesterday. I did read some of the threads relating to it but didn't feel able to comment as I don't really understand fully what's happening. But I do hope that it is resolved for you and I'm glad these meanderings over my sapphic status have made you smile

And on the topic of tattoos - actually I do have one. Just the one, it's very small, very pretty and in a very discreet place

Now, I need to ask - are we allowed to wander off at such a tangent on these threads? Are there 'thread police' at BE? Because I'm rather liking this chit-chattiness and hope it continues

In that vein, I'm being harrassed by a stroppy 8 year old who wants to play Webkins (evil, evil, evil) before school and I should really have some breakfast before heading up to aforementioned school to watch aforementioned 8 year old in her starring role as Lakshmi (did I spell that right?) in her class assembly. Fun, fun, fun.

So, I'll bid you all adieu for now, turn up the music in my dining room (presently listening to Blondie's Greatest Hits ) and wait for you on the other side of the pond to awaken.

This is fun and I like it lotsly
Good morning

They will not not relent until you give up all pertinant details of that tattoo - you must know ths.

The "thread police" try to keep the immigration threads on topic - but in the lifestyle sections (USA, Trailor Park, Lounge, TIO) it's pretty much a free for all.

Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And on the topic of tattoos - actually I do have one. Just the one, it's very small, very pretty and in a very discreet place
Discrete is acceptable ...
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:33 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Hi SallyCinnamon and welcome.
What are you planning on studying when you get over here?

How did your daughters play go?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:34 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and good luck with your move.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:11 am
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Hi SallyCinnamon and welcome.
What are you planning on studying when you get over here?

How did your daughters play go?
I'll be studying literature Lots of reading, which suits me just fine

And as for the play...well, naturally there was a sword fight and an impressive death scene - I think I've only ever been to one school play without a death scene. But Lil' Bit - playing Lakshmi - had only two lines. She was most perturbed as she'd been promised that she could do a little circle dance at the end but it had to be cut out because of the Diwali candles on a table behind her. Sari, 8 year old girl and swirling dancing does not go well with lit tea-lights Bless her, she didn't quite get it... Oh, and we got cake afterwards

Followed, for me, by a trip to Starbucks (sorry, but there's nowhere else around here to get a half-decent over-priced beverage) only to be told that they were out of soy milk. I forgave that indiscretion but was further disappointed when my toasted fruit bread came without butter! Thankfully I'm on first name terms with the staff there now (that says something about me, I fear) and they substituted it for a chocolate chunk cookie instead Cue a happy hour spent writing a letter to a friend I haven't seen for ages and reading a trashy magazine that someone had left on the chair. I should have been packing Never mind, I'll do that tomorrow.

And I'm sure you're all enthralled to know what I've been up to today, aren't you?

Enjoy Thanksgiving tomorrow
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:27 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym

The "thread police" try to keep the immigration threads on topic -
That is so out of order.................. apparently
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:30 am
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
That is so out of order.................. apparently
Is it? Why?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:32 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Is it? Why?
I have no idea
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd say a swift hello...

I'm moving to Lexington, KY on 15th December with my two children (they're 12 and 8) on F1 student visa - I'll be studying literature at University of Kentucky from January My partner is a USC but we have that whole same-sex thing working against us which basically means that I have to get out to the US on my own terms until (hopefully) someone (please) changes a law allowing us to have some kind of legally (and internationally) recognised partnership. Until then, I'm going to be an eternal student.

Right now my life is one long round of packing, packing and more packing. The moving company take most of my belongings away next Monday so we'll be living out of suitcases for a couple of months - we're told our stuff won't arrive in KY until late Jan/early Feb. How am I to cope without my 73 pairs of shoes for that length of time??

So I'm getting to grips with the forums, I've already found out some really useful information and it seems like a really friendly place. Hopefully there's room for another British ex-pat here...?

Looking forward to getting to know you all
Hello and welcome
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally and welcome! You'll only be about 2 hours south of me.

And as a Starbucks fan, do you know your Starbucks personality yet?
http://www.buttafly.com/starbucks/index.php
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:36 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

I'll be studying literature Lots of reading, which suits me just fine

And as for the play...well, naturally there was a sword fight and an impressive death scene - I think I've only ever been to one school play without a death scene. But Lil' Bit - playing Lakshmi - had only two lines. She was most perturbed as she'd been promised that she could do a little circle dance at the end but it had to be cut out because of the Diwali candles on a table behind her. Sari, 8 year old girl and swirling dancing does not go well with lit tea-lights Bless her, she didn't quite get it... Oh, and we got cake afterwards

Followed, for me, by a trip to Starbucks (sorry, but there's nowhere else around here to get a half-decent over-priced beverage) only to be told that they were out of soy milk. I forgave that indiscretion but was further disappointed when my toasted fruit bread came without butter! Thankfully I'm on first name terms with the staff there now (that says something about me, I fear) and they substituted it for a chocolate chunk cookie instead Cue a happy hour spent writing a letter to a friend I haven't seen for ages and reading a trashy magazine that someone had left on the chair. I should have been packing Never mind, I'll do that tomorrow.

And I'm sure you're all enthralled to know what I've been up to today, aren't you?

Enjoy Thanksgiving tomorrow
Yep, you are absolutely right; sari's and candles do not go well together. Bet she looked lovely all dressed up though. If she ever feels the urge to dress up in a sari when she gets over here, be sure to let me know and I will send you one of mine; I have plenty!
I'm sure that you will have fun studying - I'm thinking of going back to college to study child psychology.
We will be going over to a friends house for Thanksgiving - yay, no cooking
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:48 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Impatiently waiting for pictures to be uploaded to the gallery...

Please let her look like this... Oh please, Oh please, Oh please
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:50 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

With hair and face like this:

That right there is what the Chrysler Building is to Art Deco.
If I've broken site rules and what I just posted is wrong, well, I don't want to be right.

I'll be in my bunk.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Nov 27th 2008 at 1:56 am.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:58 am
Peace onion

Speaking of, is it wrong to be aroused by a building?

It's beauty, I mean, is arousing.

Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:59 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

hey! where did you get my picture from

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.