Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Six Ingredients or Less

Six Ingredients or Less

Old May 17th 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Emmas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Six Ingredients or Less

Snack (sometimes I have instead of dinner if I'm needing a quick meal)

poppy seed (or plain/cheese/your preference) baguette
Green Pesto
Cottage cheese
Tomatoes
Pepper

Toast/grill the baguette, spread pesto on, add the cottage cheese, chopped up toms and a sprinkle of pepper!

Old May 17th 2012, 4:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
Because it's competing with the other ingredients. If I were making this (and it does look good), I would at least parboil the pasta first.
Then you would be massively over cooking the pasta and it would be minging.

It's just like doing a rice casserole, where you don't need to pre-cook the rice when there's wet stuff in the dish to cook it in the oven.
Old May 17th 2012, 4:40 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Then you would be massively over cooking the pasta and it would be minging.

It's just like doing a rice casserole, where you don't need to pre-cook the rice when there's wet stuff in the dish to cook it in the oven.

Bob

How do you know this? Are you qualified to answer this question? Did you go to culinary school?
Old May 17th 2012, 7:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie

Bob

How do you know this? Are you qualified to answer this question? Did you go to culinary school?
Hmmmm.....let me Google that and get back to you...