Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Signs you need to lose weight...

Wikiposts

Signs you need to lose weight...

Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:01 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Signs you need to lose weight...

Never bothered me... Eat like a horse when I choose to, with no weight gain. I'm one of those 'hated' folk! ... ... Overweight is not my name. Every other name under the sun, maybe! ...

---
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:04 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Congratulations on your recovery -
Hey Tracy... your new avatar... that's you and Keith! Things ARE looking up... ...

Nice to see its pic.

---
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:12 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
My neighbor joined my weight watchers class and boy does she need all the help she can get. Lets just say she is a very large lady.
I live eight houses along from her and last week she drove to my house to then jump into my car to get a ride to class
Now how lazy is that???? I honestly think it's the laziest thing I have ever witnessed. The walk would have done her good!
Eh???????? Bonkers - absolutely bonkers. I've just started a job about a mile away from my house and I cycled there last week. The people at work thought it the most bizarre thing and asked where my car was....
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:50 am
In yonder hills

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Eh???????? Bonkers - absolutely bonkers. I've just started a job about a mile away from my house and I cycled there last week. The people at work thought it the most bizarre thing and asked where my car was....
That doesn't suprise me in the least. When in TX I used to walk about half a mile between apartment and store, I didn't saw a soul outdoors apart from Hispanics. Folk in cars looked at me as though I were bonkers, a drop-out perhaps, out in the hot midday sun, walking! Hey... You lot... I'm English! We do that kinda thing - right?? We don't ALL rely on cars to go a short disance from A to B! Geez...

---
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:52 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
That doesn't suprise me in the least. When in TX I used to walk about half a mile between apartment and store, I didn't saw a soul outdoors apart from Hispanics. Folk in cars looked at me as though I were bonkers, a drop-out perhaps, out in the hot midday sun, walking! Hey... You lot... I'm English! We do that kinda thing - right?? We don't ALL rely on cars to go a short disance from A to B! Geez...

---
Only mad dogs and englishman go out in the mid-day sun....
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:01 am
In yonder hills

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Only mad dogs and englishman go out in the mid-day sun....
Yup.... ... Okay, so I'm a wee mad and I love the sun. And when travelling to TX from the UK in say late November, I wanna feel some heat! ...

Hell, one damp and bitter cold winter I booked a flight with a friend to The Gambia to step into 100F + !... Came back looking like a native! ... .... I felt brill...

---
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:05 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
Yup.... ... Okay, so I'm a wee mad and I love the sun. And when travelling to TX from the UK in say late November, I wanna feel some heat! ...

Hell, one damp and bitter cold winter I booked a flight with a friend to The Gambia to step into 100F + !... Came back looking like a native! ... .... I felt brill...

---
Yea...there's nothing better than leaving a cold damp place...jumping onto a plane and arriving somewhere hot....

Its not to bad here...its slowly getting warmer (around 55 degrees)....but can't wait for the long hot summer...
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:32 am
In yonder hills

Yea...there's nothing better than leaving a cold damp place...jumping onto a plane and arriving somewhere hot....

Its not to bad here...its slowly getting warmer (around 55 degrees)....but can't wait for the long hot summer...
Suprisingly for this time of year here, we too are in the 50F area (daylight) with snowdrops and the Daf's beginning to hint on the first signs of colour! Where I live we haven't seen any snow to talk of and, apart from a few cold and wet windy days, I can't say I've witnessed a real winter yet.

North America... eat your heart out! And you think it's England that gets all the bad weather! ...

----
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
http://www.leisureopportunities.co.u...05-fat-kid.jpg

Somebody asked if this was me when I was a kid.
Oh Roland, that is too funny
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:34 am

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm SOOO jealous, 55f is tropical compared to here, our forecast tomorrow is a "high" of 0 F with a wind chill of minus 25f - I'm DONE with Winter!!

Needless to say I won't be walking anywhere.....
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
How cute
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

When you drive through the Dairy Queen and the girl serving you tells you to just drive to the window because she saw you coming and she has your order ready

I gained 14 lbs in 6 months the first year I moved here; Dairy Queen was my best-friend. It took longer than that to get the weight off though:curse:
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JEM3110
I'm SOOO jealous, 55f is tropical compared to here, our forecast tomorrow is a "high" of 0 F with a wind chill of minus 25f - I'm DONE with Winter!!

Needless to say I won't be walking anywhere.....
Hey another neighbor!

Hi neighbor

It has been a teensy bit cold a few times this winter, hasn't it. Of course, us hardened folks think it's fairly balmy at present.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:58 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
Oh yes. And custard pies. And Battenburg cake....
And lemon tarts
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

Mr Kipling Bakewell Slices

I can't help it...sniff....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.