Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Signs you need to lose weight...

Wikiposts

Signs you need to lose weight...

Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Signs you need to lose weight...

Originally Posted by Mallory
ooooh! we want to kiss you! what a cute pic.

Oh yes, I want to kiss you - and I want that hair!!!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Emma M
I'm making a point of walking everywhere possible. It is funny to see people look at me as I'm marching off down the road as if it is a novelty! I like to walk alone though, if it is for exercise, my husband complains I walk too fast. I have never driven a car and have always walked. I fear that I will have to drive sooner or later though, I can't walk everywhere here and where I am there is no public transport within walking distance so my husband has to drive us places we can't walk to.
But when I do get a car, I will still insist on walking anywhere I CAN get to.

My friend's parents walk everywhere when they are here. They've been picked up by the police twice, I kid you not!!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
Oh yes. And custard pies. And Battenburg cake....
mmmm Battenburg Cake...
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

My friend's parents walk everywhere when they are here. They've been picked up by the police twice, I kid you not!!
Woah really?!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:30 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

On the morning news today there was a story about "SHOULD OBESE PEOPLE BE BANNED FROM RESTURANTS!
The argument was that they fill the plate up and go back for more over and over thus losing profit
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
On the morning news today there was a story about "SHOULD OBESE PEOPLE BE BANNED FROM RESTURANTS!
The argument was that they fill the plate up and go back for more over and over thus losing profit
IMO, obese people very rarely eat a load when they are out in public, they tend to comfort eat in private. I have yet to come across an obese person that shamelessly does a Homer Simpson at an all you can eat buffet. The only time I have come across anyone morbidly obese in a restaurant was in McDonalds once.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

[F]IMO, obese people very rarely eat a load when they are out in public, they tend to comfort eat in private. I have yet to come across an obese person that shamelessly does a Homer Simpson at an all you can eat buffet. The only time I have come across anyone morbidly obese in a restaurant was in McDonalds once. [/FONT]
I had to wait to get into the disabled toilet at McD's once as they was an obese person throwing up in there. I would have used another stall but I wanted to change my baby's bum.
Come to think of it I think I changed him in the car after the mess she had left in the cubical. She was rather embarrassed when she opened to door and saw me stood there with babe in arms, didn't stop her going back to watch her kids in the play area and scoff down another McD's meal though!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:55 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, obese people very rarely eat a load when they are out in public, they tend to comfort eat in private. I have yet to come across an obese person that shamelessly does a Homer Simpson at an all you can eat buffet. The only time I have come across anyone morbidly obese in a restaurant was in McDonalds once.
Agree and disagree I have seen plenty of obese folk in resturants over the years.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:57 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Classic. Reminds me of one of my dad's friend who would always wear shorts, regardless of the weather. If he would go out shopping and if it was raining, he would wear his trusted old Mac. Suffice to say, all you could see was his bare legs. There were numerous occasions he would be stopped by Yeovil's finest because numerous people would call in reporting a flasher! Came to the point to save everyone's time, he would wear a red baseball cap as an identifing means so that the police could reassure callers he wasn't a true flasher.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
I had to wait to get into the disabled toilet at McD's once as they was an obese person throwing up in there. I would have used another stall but I wanted to change my baby's bum.
Come to think of it I think I changed him in the car after the mess she had left in the cubical. She was rather embarrassed when she opened to door and saw me stood there with babe in arms, didn't stop her going back to watch her kids in the play area and scoff down another McD's meal though!
ewwww gross!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Agree and disagree I have seen plenty of obese folk in resturants over the years.
Ive seen obese people in restaurants, but not wolfing down everything in sight to the point where if enough of them did it over a period of time the restaurant would go out of business, lol! Then again, I don't take much notice, I must admit. If I go out for a meal, I don't sit there gawking at some obese person and how much they are stuffing away, so they might, but it's not obvious to me if they do do it
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Signs you need to lose weight...

I have definitely seen obese people in buffet type places here - but where do you draw the line? I spent 15 years with bulimia and its really not that simple. Anyone want to count the skinny people in the restaurant who go home and throw up, or stuff the food in their pockets, or the obese people who have some problem that you don't know about when you look at them and just think 'k, another fatso'...lol...

If they don't want people to eat all they can eat at a buffet don't run that sort of restaurant. My brother is skinny as they come and he eats way beyond what I could in those places! And if its NOT that type of restaurant then the person is paying for everything anyway.

As we all know, society encourages us to be obsessed with our appearance but then advertises and and promotes more and more ways of eating huge portions and more processed unhealthy food is produced (has anyone seen 'Supersize me'? Scary stuff, what it does to your body!

(By the way I am now recovered, run a recovery group and am a bit of a natural/ organic freak ....erm, with added chocolate, of course...I also have diabetes now so have learned a lot more about what everything does to you...for example, McD's milkshake, medium....750 calories, 120 carbs....to put that in perspective, my dietician recommends I have 45 carbs for a MEAL! Found this out after Ihad one and my blood sugar went up to about 300!!)

So, yes, I feel sad when I see a huge lady shovelling lard into her huge kids, especially if you can see they seem out of breath and uncomfortable - but in the end it is up to us to each choose how to get our own bodies healthy. What are they going to do, weigh each person at the door?!...lol....right, your kids and your mother in law can come in, but the rest of you.....GET YER FAT ARSES TO WHOLE FOODS!!

from Ruth, gratefully recovering fat arse "0)
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Woah really?!
Yes! It's true
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishTeaDuck
I have definitely seen obese people in buffet type places here - but where do you draw the line? I spent 15 years with bulimia and its really not that simple. Anyone want to count the skinny people in the restaurant who go home and throw up, or stuff the food in their pockets, or the obese people who have some problem that you don't know about when you look at them and just think 'k, another fatso'...lol...

If they don't want people to eat all they can eat at a buffet don't run that sort of restaurant. My brother is skinny as they come and he eats way beyond what I could in those places! And if its NOT that type of restaurant then the person is paying for everything anyway.

As we all know, society encourages us to be obsessed with our appearance but then advertises and and promotes more and more ways of eating huge portions and more processed unhealthy food is produced (has anyone seen 'Supersize me'? Scary stuff, what it does to your body!

(By the way I am now recovered, run a recovery group and am a bit of a natural/ organic freak ....erm, with added chocolate, of course...I also have diabetes now so have learned a lot more about what everything does to you...for example, McD's milkshake, medium....750 calories, 120 carbs....to put that in perspective, my dietician recommends I have 45 carbs for a MEAL! Found this out after Ihad one and my blood sugar went up to about 300!!)

So, yes, I feel sad when I see a huge lady shovelling lard into her huge kids, especially if you can see they seem out of breath and uncomfortable - but in the end it is up to us to each choose how to get our own bodies healthy. What are they going to do, weigh each person at the door?!...lol....right, your kids and your mother in law can come in, but the rest of you.....GET YER FAT ARSES TO WHOLE FOODS!!

from Ruth, gratefully recovering fat arse "0)
Congratulations on your recovery - that is a tough disease. And hard for others to understand sometimes.

And actually, I belive that most bulemics are normal weight.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

Thanks Tracy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.