British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Shows - Amazon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/shows-amazon-916882/)

lansbury Sep 3rd 2018 6:44 pm

Shows - Amazon

Started watching Jack Ryan (free with Prime). If you liked the Jack Ryan movies I think you will enjoy this TV series. We were hooked from the 1st episode.

scrubbedexpat097 Sep 3rd 2018 10:36 pm

Re: Shows - Amazon

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 12558136)
Started watching Jack Ryan (free with Prime). If you liked the Jack Ryan movies I think you will enjoy this TV series. We were hooked from the 1st episode.

I was looking at that today. Will be something to watch this week, I'll let you know what we think.

scrubbedexpat097 Sep 3rd 2018 11:00 pm

We have been watching DI Banks. I like it except for the annoying blonde girl "Annie".

DaveLovesDee Sep 3rd 2018 11:49 pm

Jack Ryan's on my to-watch list. Patriot was a decent movie but Clear and Present Danger wasn't as enjoyable as the book. But maybe that's me.

I've just started re-watching The X-Files from S1:Ep1 on Prime Video. They have all 11 seasons available.

Rete Sep 3rd 2018 11:53 pm

I found Tom Clancy's last books to be lacking in 'holding' power. I found them boring and lost interest.

Nutmegger Sep 4th 2018 12:17 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12558230)
Jack Ryan's on my to-watch list. Patriot was a decent movie but Clear and Present Danger wasn't as enjoyable as the book. But maybe that's me.

I've just started re-watching The X-Files from S1:Ep1 on Prime Video. They have all 11 seasons available.

Hunt for Red October was always my favorite Jack Ryan movie and Alec Baldwin my favorite Ryan, but I’ll give the new series a try.

SarahG Sep 4th 2018 1:10 am

I finished watching it this morning after starting on Saturday. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next season. I noticed some of the Harrison Ford Jack Ryan movies were on Prime too so I have added them to my Watchlist.

lansbury Sep 4th 2018 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12558222)
We have been watching DI Banks. I like it except for the annoying blonde girl "Annie".

In that case you might like Bosch. It must have been around for sometime as there are four series but I've just discovered it. About ten episodes a series and the plot is spread over all of them.

Noorah101 Sep 4th 2018 5:37 am

I got hooked on Jack Ryan tonight! Really enjoying it!

Rene

Leslie Sep 8th 2018 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12558222)

I loved DCI Banks (despite Annie). Right now I'm watching The Brief (British) and Rake (Australian) which are actually the same show.

RICH Sep 8th 2018 3:13 pm

DCI banks is great. Just finished season 1. I can't help relating Tompkinson to his Damien Day character. In defense of hot, blonde, "Annoying Annie"...

Love Bosch.

Currently watching Patriot- oddball spy story.

DaveLovesDee Sep 8th 2018 3:34 pm

I've also started watching Ascension. Once you get past the very brief sex scene near the end of ep1, it's actually getting better. I'm on ep5 now.